Complaint Review: Wirefly Inphonic

• Reported By:Atlanta Georgia
Wirefly Inphonic
www.wirefly.com Internet U.S.A.

Wirefly (Inphonic?) Rebate Rip Off or Incompetent Customer NO Service? Internet

Fool me twice...InPhonic the first time and now Wirefly. The online transaction went smoothly when I placed my order on 2/5/09. The phones arrived and as I was charging my Blackberry Bold, it became so hot that I could not even pick it up. The battery was defective and the entire phone and contents of the shipping package for that phone had to be returned via a prepaid ground shipping label. Once the phone was received by their RMA department, a new phone would be shipped out. Needless to say, I had no phone service for two weeks during this process. Once the replacement phone arrived, I proceeded to look for the rebate form but it was not included in the package. I looked for the form online as their site directs but it did not exist. I called their customer service and was told that the rebate form would be emailed to me within 24 hours. It did not arrive so I called them again. This time the customer service rep guaranteed the email would arrive within 24 hours. It arrived but it was for a different rebate time frame that did not include my purchase date. I went to their online chat support and was told to just use it anyway and they would "make sure I received my $100 rebate." They are incompetent or deceitful and either way, I do not trust their solution. Meanwhile, I had also emailed their Carrier Rebate address from which I received the wrong rebate form and they told me this phone does not have a rebate. THE ONLY REASON I BOUGHT FROM WIREFLY WAS BECAUSE OF THE REBATE!!! I emailed them again but have not heard anything back as of yet (3/4/09).

Atlanta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2009 09:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wirefly-Inphonic/internet/Wirefly-Inphonic-Rebate-Rip-Off-or-Incompetent-Customer-NO-Service-Internet-430927. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wirefly Inphonic