Complaint Review: Wirefly - Inphonic

• Updated: Fri, September 15, 2006

• Reported By:old bethpage New York
Wirefly - Inphonic
inphonic.rebatestatus.com Internet U.S.A.

Wirefly - Inphonic ripoff of $200 rebate plus untold aggravation and lost time. Internet

I purchased a Motorola RAZAR V3 cell phone on the internet, order # 416743336, from Wirefly on 3/6/05 with a $125 and $ 75 rebate.

As of today 9/14/06 I have received no rebate. After many ,many E Mails (Ref E Mails to Wirefly , tracking no.>) no satisfactory answer has been received. The answers to my E mails have been,"Check mailed 3/20/06,"cleared 4/10/06". (I never received or cashed any check from them) I asked for a copy of the cashed rebate check, their answer was "copy of check mailed". I never received the copy of my rebate check . Asked for a reply from their supervisor, never received an answer.

I finally called Jon Delahay of inphonic. This is his answer. Hello Vero, Thank you for the e-mail. I checked your account and my records confirm the information you have listed below. We show only one received rebate and one processed/cashed check. Unfortunately with your particular situation I cannot help. If the check had not been cashed I cold get another check issued. But since the check was cashed we cannot. At this point I will not be able to obtain a copy of your cashed check as we have switched over to a new rebate processing center and all previous processing information is unavailable. I'm sorry I wish there was more I could do.

Jon Delahay
Office of the President

I had notified them that I did not receive or cash a rebate check from them long before they changed their processing center. They should have resolved the problem at that time.

It seems that Wirefly has calculated that if it can stall long enough they can reach a time when all efforts to resolve a problem will fail due to missing or corrupt data. They have such a miserable (bordering on fraudulent) rebate procedure that I suspect that my rebate check was never actually issued, or if it was it was it was possibly cashed by one of their employees.

old bethpage, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2006 07:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wirefly-Inphonic/internet/Wirefly-Inphonic-ripoff-of-200-rebate-plus-untold-aggravation-and-lost-time-Internet-211130. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wirefly - Inphonic