• Report: #199401

• Submitted: Tue, July 04, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, July 04, 2006

• Reported By:Fort Worth Texas
Wirefly
9301 Peppercorn Place, Largo, Maryland U.S.A.

Wirefly Cheating rebate ripoff! Largo Maryland

*Consumer Suggestion: WIREFLY IS ONLY A WEBSITE USED BY INPHONIC INC. AND THE DC ATTORNEY GENERAL IS NOW SUING INPHONIC FOR ITS REBATE PRACTICES

Filed rebates for two phones for $300 along with all required paperwork and in the timeframe of 180 dats to 210 days and got rejected for not supplying anything. If I didnt supply anything how did they know how to reject me? These cheats need dealing with and I dont know what I can do, writing is a waste of ime as they will not respond and of course there is no phone number or even e-mail address

Rodger
Fort Worth, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/04/2006 11:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wirefly/Largo-Maryland-20774/Wirefly-Cheating-rebate-ripoff-Largo-Maryland-199401. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wirefly

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Jana - (U.S.A.)

Rodger,

I am also a victim of this scam. Please look up "InPhonic" on the Rip-Off Report (you'll see hundreds of complaints against them). InPhonic Inc. only uses Wirefly as one of its websites to market cell phone purchases and service plans. They are the ones that run the whole thing.

InPhonic is a DC-based corporation, so DC's Attorney General has jurisdiction over them. The AG is currently suing InPhonic because they have received hundreds (if not thousands) of complaints about the rebate issues and how InPhonic makes it nearly impossible for us to get our rebates.

When I learned about the lawsuit, I called the AG in DC they told me just what to do so I could be included as a victim in the lawsuit. You do not have to live in DC to send them your complaint.

I have posted or offered consumer suggestions on the InPhonic Rip-Off Report site to hopefully make everyone aware of it and send in their complaint. The more complaints they receive, the stronger their case will be.

I am furious and disgusted with InPhonic's arrogance in by treating us like total idiots by stalling, lying, and then denying our rebates for ridiculous reasons like "invalid" phone bill, or rebate was sent in too early, too late, etc.

I'm waging war against them because there appear to be thousands of people they've screwed with this nonsense.

Please, just go to the complaint site about InPhonic on the Rip-Off Report and read some of the postings from the last 5-6 days wherever you see the lawsuit by the Attorney General in the title.

These scumbags must be stopped.