Complaint Review: Wirefly

• Updated: Thu, July 23, 2009

• Reported By:Palm Beach Gardens Florida
Wirefly
wirefly.com Internet U.S.A.

Wirefly I opened a werizon account through them and got the phones from them. After three months, they opened an AT&T account using the same information Internet

I opened a new verizon account through wirefly in May 2009. Obviously, I gave them the SSN and other personal information. Yesterday (July 22nd, 2009) I got an alert from my credit monitoring company stating that there is a new activity in my credit file. When I further inquired about it, I got to know that I have a new account with AT&T and they have reported it with equifax. I called AT &T and talked to 3 different people, all of them saying that I have a new phone number and an account with AT&T, however it is not active. Finally, they also told me that the order was placed through a third party website called "WIREFLY" on the 13th of July, 2009 and to know more, I need to call wirefly. When I called wirefly and after being on hold for nearly 2 hours with different people, they said that they had a system error and my case was approved by AT&T (So, it's not their mistake, it's system error) and they would check with the credit department if they can do anything to remove the listing from my credit file. I am suppose to hear back from them. Even if they call me back, they are no way going to compensate for the time that I had to spent for this and the tension that I had to go through. Who knows if they were trying to get an approval under my name and trying to send it to someone else. I am also thinking about filing a police complaint.

A. johny
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2009 09:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wirefly/internet/Wirefly-I-opened-a-werizon-account-through-them-and-got-the-phones-from-them-After-three-472561. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wirefly