Complaint Review: Wirefly

• Submitted: Thu, October 21, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, October 21, 2010

• Reported By: Samuel — Kennesaw Georgia United States of America
Wirefly

Wirefly Simplexity Ripped off by Wirefly and Simplexity charging of Data Charges, Internet

I ordered two Droid Phones for Verizon Wireless service.  As a matter of routine, I tape record all conversations.  I specifically asked if I would be charged any "data surcharges" from Verizon.  The Wirefly agent was insistent that I would not.  To go a step further, the contract for services which was sent to me showed no additional charges relating to data.  Of course, after signing up Verizon is charging me $70 ($35 per phone) for the data.  Verizon says that Wirefly made a mistake.  I called Wirefly and they say that Verizon should not be charging me those fees.  After months of haggling with them Wirefly then admitted their mistake but said my only remedy was to return the Droids and go to another plan.

Thats not what I contracted for.  Thats not what I need.  Someone, please tell me how I can sue these guys.  I cannot figure out what state either Inphonics or Simplexity is even registered in.  I have every conversation on tape and it will be a slam dunk if I can just get to court with them.  I HATE BEING RIPPED OFF.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/21/2010 11:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wirefly/internet/Wirefly-Simplexity-Ripped-off-by-Wirefly-and-Simplexity-charging-of-Data-Charges-Internet-653647. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wirefly