Complaint Review: Wirefly

• Updated: Thu, July 24, 2008

• Reported By:St. Louis Missouri
wirefly.com Internet U.S.A.

Wirefly.com Defrauds Me of 2nd Line Upgrade St. Louis Internet

Last year, I went to Wirefly.com to order a new cell phone for my daughter. All 3 phones on our family talk plan were eligible for updgrade.

In order to upgrade from a family plan, the online system seemed to require that I upgrade at least two lines. However, as I only wanted to upgrade my daughter's line, I called the customer service line for Wirefly.

This is where the next confusion came in. I finally reached someone in India with a thick accent. After some back-and-forth, I was certain that the person I spoke with assured me that I could just upgrade the one line.

However, when I received the e-mail for order confirmation, I noticed that a second phone (this one a free phone, which I had never requested) was included on the order. So, I called customer service back and was told that this was a promotional formality and that - since only one line was listed on the order - I could be assured that only one line was being upgraded. So, I confirmed the order.

Some months later, when I became interested in upgrading my wife's phone line, I discovered that Wirefly had, indeed, upgraded two of the three lines.

I called Wirefly multiple times and spoke to multiple people in India, none of whom were willing to help me. Finally, after extreme frustration trying to undertand and be understood, I requested to speak with someone on their U.S. customer support team.

The U.S. based person was very helpful, but was only able to allow me to order another phone from Wirefly. He agreed to note this on the account. Recently, however, when I called Wirefly again, there seems to be no notation on the account. Again I'm told, you're past the "30 day trial period".

Again, I asked to speak with someone in the U.S. They put me on hold and then returned with a U.S. number to call. It turned out to be for ATT Wireless - not Wirefly! I am still working to resolve this issue...

It appears that almost all of Wirefly's customer interface is in India and that those people are prone to either (a) not knowing the policies; (b) lying about them to make a sale; and/or (c) aren't given authority to handle exceptions.

I hope that I will never need to deal with Wirefly again!

St. Louis, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2008 12:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wirefly/internet/Wireflycom-Defrauds-Me-of-2nd-Line-Upgrade-St-Louis-Internet-355221. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wirefly