Complaint Review: Wirefly

• Updated: Wed, September 21, 2005

• Reported By:east northport New York
Wirefly
wirefly.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Wirefly, INPHONIC SCAM, Never received phones, no customer service online EXISTS! WIREFLY.COM Internet

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Update on wirefly

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Service - Wirefly

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Service - Wirefly

WIREFLY SCAM

I have just read tons of negative emails about the service.

I signed up over the phone so easily for two free phones with rebates and a Cingular two year plan. This was Wednesday, the 14th. I was promised to receive my new phones on Friday the 16th. NO PHONES.

I called today and the phone number I call is a fax line.

I try to contact customer service to check order, cancel order, update order etc.... THEY SAY THE ORDER SYSTEM IS DOWN AND NOT WORKING.

This is the most BOGUS site I've ever dealt with.

Another aside, I was getting two lines activated which they told me if I called Cingular, they would waive the $36 activation. I should have known something was suspicious when I called Cingular directly and they had no record of any order.

The phone number given by customer service to me to check my order status ALSO DOESN'T RECOGNIZE THE ORDER NUMBER THAT THEY GAVE ME!

KEEP AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! THEY ARE COMPLETE SCAM ARTISTS!!!

Stacey
east northport, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2005 10:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wirefly/nationwide/Wirefly-INPHONIC-SCAM-Never-received-phones-no-customer-service-online-EXISTS-WIREFLY-157583. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wirefly

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Update on wirefly

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

Yesterday, I called their sales team and was told I could not speak to a supervisor and no one could help me. They also told me customer help was down for a few hours. This was the first person I was able to reach since I ordered my phone.

I found on one of the message boards the number for the office of the president:
Jaemella Kemp
3018830040 x323

I left two messages and never received a phonecall back.

I kept calling different extensions randomly until someone finally gave me investor relations. From there, I was transferred to Eliott Garusi and was told to call 800.444.9543 if I have any more issues.

I was assisted by him and found the following:
I was only insured for one phone. Check your orders. Do not commit your phone order until you receive a detailed report via email about what you were promised. It turned out that my order was not right and that I was not insured for $50 for two phones as the salesperson had told me but for one.

Eliott told me that I'll receive my phones by tomorrow latest and he was taking full responsibility. I told him of my concerns about all the negative emails and he promised that his company was working towards eliminating these problems. He also insured me for both phones for $50 and said he'd investigate the sales department as to why I was given false information.

I was also told by the salesperson that to transfer a phone number from Verizon, I didn't need an account number. This was also false and Elliot said that this was a big part of me not getting my phones. This is required information.

I plan on keeping this an ongoing report.
I still am a bit untrusting of the situation as I had the right order number and the system kept telling me that I was not in the system and that it takes four days to update (I had been looking for an order record for over four days).

The only reason I am playing this out is because I want to see how they respond after finally talking to me and if they are going to keep their end of their agreement.

The rebate challenge will be next.

Customer Service - Wirefly

AUTHOR: Inphonic - (U.S.A.)

Dear Valued Customer,

We are sorry to hear of your experience. Our goal is 100% customer satisfaction.

Please send an e-mail including your original order number to customerinquiry@inphonic.com, and I will personally investigate your situation and ensure that somebody follows up with you. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Customer Support

Customer Service - Wirefly

AUTHOR: Inphonic - (U.S.A.)

Dear Valued Customer,