Complaint Review: Wirefly.Com

• Reported By: Peter — Tucson Arizona USA
Wirefly.Com
http://www.wirefly.com Internet United States of America

Wirefly.Com False advertising., bait and switch Internet

Wirefly.com is deceptive. They advertised a family plan contract extension where you can get 2 free phones. We ordered that, We received only one phone.

When we contacted them about their shipping error, first they told us our 2nd phone would cost $179.00 more, and they would ship it when we pay them. WTF ? We told them to cancel our contract, and we are going to send the received phone back to them.

They responded that the 2nd phone was cancelled.

I called them back. I want the whole contract cancelled! They gave me an RMA number. Here's their excuse of what happened:

Our account has 3 phones on it. (So what !) The 2nd phone would be charged separately, because it's the 3rd phone number on our account. It would supposedly have been free if it was the 2nd  phone number on our account. (Really, what difference does it make ? None, as far as I'm concerned).

We just wanted 2 of our 3 existing phones upgraded. Is that too much to ask? I will be shipping the received phone back. I would have refused the package if I'd known only 1 phone was inside. I will insure it, just in case Wirefly tries to tell me the phone or something else is missing.

My contact extension better be null and void, once they receive their phone back.

Stay away from wirefly.com! Trust me !

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2009 10:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WireflyCom/internet/WireflyCom-False-advertising-bait-and-switch-Internet-492704. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wirefly.Com