• Report: #182018

• Submitted: Sun, March 19, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, March 30, 2006

• Reported By:Suwanee Georgia
Wirefly/Inphonic - Inphonic
1010 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 600 Washington, District of Columbia U.S.A.

InphonicWirefly, Inphonic ripoff dishonest trick fraudulent rebate Washington District of Columbia

*Author of original report: Rebate Agreement Finally Kept

*UPDATE Employee: postmark date error

The rebate process was too difficult. Although I met the ridiculous qualifications, I was told that they did not receive my rebate form within their time frame. They reported that it took 3 weeks for them to receive my forms via USPS. Then they proceeded to tell me that I should have sent it certified...to their PO BOX??? Escalated internally and got a different date of receipt from that person. They are not even consistent in their lies/deceit.

It is a shame that they have gotten away with ripping off so many people...they got me for $320 and hours of irritation. It is not an honorable company. I reported them to the BBB with no response of course.

David
Suwanee, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2006 01:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WireflyInphonic-Inphonic/Washington-District-of-Columbia-20007/InphonicWirefly-Inphonic-ripoff-dishonest-trick-fraudulent-rebate-Washington-District-of-182018. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wirefly/Inphonic - Inphonic

Rebate Agreement Finally Kept

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

Weeks after documenting my situation and sending to the BBB, also the day after I posted this information, I received a letter from InPhonic stating that I would be receiving a check for the full rebate amount of $320. It took some time and some prodding, but they eventually followed through. Thank you for making things right.

postmark date error

AUTHOR: Doreen - (U.S.A.)

Hello David,
The date requirements apply to the postmark date on your application, not when the forms arrive at our rebate center. If you were told otherwise that would have been a mistake. Please contact me with your order number and I will request your paperwork from our rebate center in Arizona. After I confirm that the postmarked date on the envelopes does indeed fall within the appropriate application time, my office will be able to correct this error and reprocess your rebates.

Thanks in advance for the opportunity to help. Email me at customerinquiry@inphonic.com

Sincerely,