- Report: #257570
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Wirefly/Inphonics
Wirefly/Inphonics1010 Wisconsin Avenue Suite 600 Washington, District of Columbia U.S.A.
Wirefly, Inphonics Mail-in Rebate Scam - Refused to Honor Ripoff Washington District of Columbia
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I too had problems with a $100.00 mail-in rebate sent to White Bear, MN that they 1) first claimed did not have a billing with appropriate dates and 2) (on my second submission) claimed they received my letter, but that a receipt was not included.
Rather than repeat the same story and give you unnecessary details about phone, plans, dates that are similar to what I've read on other postings, let me tell you what I've done which has worked for me:
- I filed a complaint with the DC OAG (Office of the Attorney General). This can even be done online (http://www.oag.dc.gov)
- A week later I received a letter, from the DC OAG, stating that multiple complaints had been filed against the company and that it had been sued in June 2006. Furthermore, most people who complained before 2/15/2007 would receive restitution.
Unfortunately, I was not in the category of consumers that would qualify for the restitution spoken of in the letter, but my case would be referred to my own state's OAG (MD).
- A week or so later I get call from someone at the MD OAG and am told that they cannot promise anything, but they will contact the company with my claim and request my refund.
- My case was resolved three weeks later with Inphonics asking that I send them my info (at some address in DC) and, after review, accepted to issue a check for $100.00.
EVEN IF YOU DO NOT GET ANYTHING out of it I would STRONGLY URGE that you take the time to complain about Wirefly/Inphonic. Because of my negative experience with them I hope to never deal with them again. And hopefully with enough complaints either the company will stop its fraudulent practices or it will be forced out of business.
You can complain to your cell carrier, but they won't really be able to help you get your money back. But the reason I also urge you send them your complaint is that these companies must stop using these companies for their transactions if they know that they ripoff their customers. That will be my next step.
Complain, sue (if you have time), but DO NOT take this laying down!!
Hope this information can help someone.
Edgewood, MD, Maryland
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2007 06:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WireflyInphonics/Washington-District-of-Columbia-20007/Wirefly-Inphonics-Mail-in-Rebate-Scam-Refused-to-Honor-Ripoff-Washington-District-of-Co-257570. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.