Complaint Review: Wirefly.com - InPhonic

• Submitted: Sat, October 07, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, October 07, 2006

• Reported By:Fresno California
Wirefly.com - InPhonic
PO Box 100517 - BAV White White Bear Lake, Minnesota U.S.A.

Wirefly.com - InPhonic Still no $400 rebate after six months - Major RUNAROUND strategy White Bear Lake Minnesota

I purchase 2 Motorola E815 cellphones and Verizon service plan through Wirefly.com September, 2005. The "exclusive online mail-in rebate offer" of $125 & $75 per phone ($400 total) appeared to make this a good deal. Over a year later and a search on RIP-OffReport.com and I'm realizing I've been had.
As of today there are 422 entries of fraud tied to Wirefly.com, InPhonic and the Wireless Rebate Processing Center, White Bear Lake, MN listed on RIP-OFFReport.com.
My entry is a repeat of or a variation of the other 422 complaints.

As per the rebate instructions, I sent in four envelopes with the required information postmarked no earlier than 180 days and no later than 210 days. I actually sent it on the 187th day, March 22, 2005 Their form states "please allow 10-12 weeks for processing".
June 9th I receive e-mails from the rebate processing center that my rebate submissions were approved and they would send another e-mail the day the checks mail. Sounds good so far.

Next e-mail received August 11th, two months after I was supposed to receive the rebates and it states "your rebate claim has been received and is currently being processed".

September 7th I called the number given on the e-mail and amazingly am able to talk to "Chris" who stated everything was fine and she will personally expedite it so I could expect it in 7-10 days. That was a bold faced lie.

September 26th I recieve two letters stating the $75 rebates were invalid. No reason given other than restating all the original requirements. Now, they had already told me three times the rebates were approved (thats three times they've lied to me. The letters also state I can resubmit the required information "no earlier than 180 days after your activation date and no later than the latter of eirther (1) 210 days after your activation date or (2) 30 days from this letter date" Obviously the 210 day requirement has passed due to their either their ineptitude or intent. I beleive it's more stall tactics, they have no intention of providing my rebate, and they have no integrity or scruples. It's all about the bottom line and screw the client for these companies.

I have tried to call 3x since recieving this letter but of I purchase 2 Motorola E815 cellphones and Verizon service plan through Wirefly.com Sept.2005. The "exclusive online mail-in rebate offer" of $125 & $75 per phone ($400 total) appeared to make this a good deal. Over a year later and a search on Rip-OffReport.com I'm realizing I've been had.
As of today there are 422 entries of fraud tied to Wirefly.com, InPhonic and the Wireless Rebate Processing Center, White Bear Lake, MN.
My entry is a repeat of or a variation of the other 422 complaints.

As per the rebate instructions I sent in four envelopes with the required information postmarked no earlier than 180 days and no later than 210 days. I actually sent it on the 187th day, March 22,2005 Their form states "please allow 10-12 weeks for processing".
June 9th I recieve E-mails from the rebate processing center that my rebate submissions were approved and they would send another E-mail the day the check mails. Sounds good so far.

Next e-mail August 11th, two months after I was supposed to receive the rebates, states "your rebate claim has been recieved and is currently being processed".
I called the number given on the e-mail Sept 7th and amazingly am able to talk to Chris who stated everything was fine and she will personally expedite it so I could expect it in 7-10 days.

Sept. 26th I recieve two letters dated Sept. 21st stating two of the rebates were invalid, no reason given other than restating all the original requirements. They had already told me three times the rebates were approved. Now I can resubmit the required information "no earlier than 180 days after your activation date and no later than the latter of eirther (1) 210 days after your activation date or (2) 30 days from this letter date" Obviously the 210 day requirement has passed due to their
either their ineptitude or intent.

I have tried to call 3x since recieving this letter but of course am unable to speak with anyone.
I still have not recieved the supposedly approved rebates.

This is all a scam to defraud me and apparently many others. I entered into this agreement under the assumption I"m doing business with an honest, reputable company and a year later have no recourse other than lodging this complaint and sending it to whomever might be in a position to help me and to warn others about these three unscrupulous entities.course only get a recording about long wait times and am unable to speak with anyone.

I still have not received the supposedly approved rebates.

This is all a scam to defraud me and apparently many others. I entered into this agreement under the assumption I"m doing business with an honest, reputable company and a year later have no recourse other than lodging this complaint and sending it to whomever might be in a position to help me and to warn others about these three unscrupulous businesses .

Scott
Fresno, California

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on InPhonic

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2006 06:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wireflycom-InPhonic/White-Bear-Lake-Minnesota-55110-0517/Wireflycom-InPhonic-Still-no-400-rebate-after-six-months-Major-RUNAROUND-strategy-Wh-214710. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wirefly.com - InPhonic