- Report: #428268
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Wirefly.com - InPhonic.com
Wirefly.com - InPhonic.comInternet U.S.A.
WireFly - InPhonic - CellPhoneRebates@cs.rebates.com Free Cell phone ads online come with phony rebates Internet
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I wanted to upgrade my T-Mobile phone to a, back then, just-on-the-market, pair of Razr phones. I charged both phones to a credit card and they were both delivered the next day from Virginia, by FedEx.
Both phones were already programmed with new phone numbers. I went back to T-Mobile to have my old number assigned to one of the new Razrs. T-Mobile's customer service advised me against that. She suggested that I keep the old phone line active, as an emergency spare, for an additional $9.99 a month. Deleting one of the two new lines would void my rebate offers and canceling service to the old phone number would carry a $150 charge. I thanked the rep and kept all 3 phones (and phone lines) active for a little more than another year.
I marked my calendar to be sure to meet every deadline for those rebates. I waited for the second month's billing statement. I copied it and sent the copy along with the Razr boxes bar codes and all the rebate application forms on time. I was expecting a pair of $100 rebates and a pair $150 rebates.
By February 11,2006 CellPhoneRebates@rebatestatus.com sent me 4 emails confirming that each of my 4 claims were received and being processed. I waited and waited for my $500. I waited well past the 8 to 10 weeks processing time that I was told to expect. I had also marked my calendar as to when to expect that $500 rebate check. When the check was late I complained by phone, e mail and snail mail.
Finally I was told that an InPhonics investigation claimed that I violated the terms of the rebate offer by "reducing" my service. They indicated that T- Mobile reported I had cancelled service. I knew that T Mobile's records should not have indicated I had reduced my level of service. I sent in several of my T Mobile monthly statements, showing my usage before and for the several months after the 2 Razrs were added to my bills as well as my curent statement. I had added a third line to the pair of rebate phones. I documented how I paid for additional service, above and beyond the rebate requirements. They still refuse to pay up.
Eventually I got a letter from the Washington D.C. Attorney General's office offering to include me in a class action suit against InPhonic/WireFly. But only if I would settle for $150 instead of $500. I declined the offer to get ripped off for a second time over this same matter. I am still hoping Ohio's Attorney General picks up this case.They weren't even investigating last time I checked. I am still waiting for my $500.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2009 09:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wireflycom-InPhoniccom/internet/WireFly-InPhonic-CellPhoneRebatescsrebatescom-Free-Cell-phone-ads-online-come-with-428268. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.