Complaint Review: Wirefly.com, inphonic

• Submitted: Sat, November 26, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, November 26, 2005

• Reported By:Virginia Beach Virginia
Wirefly.com, inphonic
IPI*Wireless Sales MD Internet U.S.A.

Wirefly.com, inphonic Enticing rebate ripoff at wirefly.com Internet

In the market for a new cellphone, I started shopping around. First at the local phone stores and then on-line after becoming dissatisfied. While searching on the web I came across wirefly.com. It was a link from several phone manufacturers web sites. The prices were very enticing, after seeing the prices of blackberry phones at the store marked at $449.00. To see the offer of two blackberries for $199.00 after mail-in rebates was very enticing.

I submitted my order on-line and my phones arrived on the day that was stated in the reply email they sent me. Of course I got the verification phone call and some more of the same questions from my submission. I was also told that my rebate forms would accompany my phone when they arrived. As I said, my phones arrived on time and upone opening the boxes and rifled through the paperwork.

I logged onto the web site and followed the links to the rebate forms. As I was making copies of the forms I noticed that there was an expiration date on the form and the date was already passed.

I sent several emails to wirefly.com/wheresmyorder to get new rebate coupons. Some customer rep sent me a reply stating that I should wait ten days as they repaired the link to the site where the coupons could be downloaded. I waited ten days and replied that I still couldn't access the site, I replied again after twenty days.

Now, after about a month I did a search for wheresmyorder.com and found the Rip-Off site with the very name and web address in question. I stand to lose about $320.00 from this scam and I urge anyone and everyone reading this report to do your research.

Paul
Virginia Beach, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2005 09:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wireflycom-inphonic/internet/Wireflycom-inphonic-Enticing-rebate-ripoff-at-wireflycom-Internet-165876. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wirefly.com, inphonic