Complaint Review: Wirefly.com/inphonic

• Updated: Wed, October 31, 2007

• Reported By:churubusco New York
Wirefly.com/inphonic
wirefly.com Internet U.S.A.

Wirefly.com/inphonic Never received my exchanged phone and it's costing me money! Internet

Me and my wife wanted to get a cell phone,so went on the internet to look for deals on cell phone and plans. We found this website for wirefly.com which was offering an i850 nextel/sprint phone for free if we signed a two year agreement with Nextel. We did this and received the two weeks later.

Once we got the phone we called to have it activated through Nextel/sprint, in the process we ended up disabling the phone to the point we would have to drive 100 to the nearest nextel district store to have the phone unlocked and have a new card put in it. I called wirefly.com up and told them of this inconvience so they sent me a new card and told me to send the old one back to them. The problem with that was they sent me a AT&T Card instead of a Nextel card. I soon found out you need a Nextel card for a Nextel phone.

I then called wirefly.com back up and told them of my problem,they told me to send the phone back and that once they inspected it they would send me out a new phone to replace the one that was locked up.

That was three months ago and i still have not recieved my replacement phone. At first i called like once a week and asked if my phone was being shipped and they would tell me either the shipment was coming in tommrow or that i would receive my phone in 3-5 business days. I have heard that for the last three months. I have spoken to managers and gotton a little huffy with some. They told me that there was nothing they could do. they were having problems getting ANY Nextel/Sprint phones in and that i was on the waiting list.

Meanwhile i am stuck paying for my monthly plan that i signed up for through wirefly.com. I did call Nextel and they put my phone plan on hold but they charge 5.95 plus tax and service charge which comes to like 12.00 a month and i still have no phone. I informed them of my problem and they told me they were sorry.

The reason we got a cell phone in the first place is because our daughter is sick and we are in the hostipal and doctors vists numerous times during the month and we needed a phone to call people with. This did not help the stress that we are already under.

There newest thing now when i call is they tell me that they have a phone similar that is from Nextel but that it's a 300 dollar phone it's not one of the free ones that i was orginally offered. They told me that they could offer me it at a discounted price.

In conclusion i am very frustrated and stressed over this whole ordeal and just want my phone so that i don't have to deal with these ripoff's again.

JeremyB
churubusco, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2007 09:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wireflycominphonic/internet/Wireflycominphonic-Never-received-my-exchanged-phone-and-its-costing-me-money-Internet-282102. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wirefly.com/inphonic