Complaint Review: Wireless Communications And Verizon Wireless

• Submitted: Sat, November 28, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, January 11, 2010

• Reported By: roadrunner — Beaverton Oregon United States of America
Wireless Communications And Verizon Wireless

Wireless Communications And Verizon Wireless, Verizon guarenteed me that if I moved to a new address where fios was not avaiable, My contract would be voided. Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Yes...I believe I am wasting my time

*Consumer Comment: Thanx you for so eloquently making my point

*Consumer Comment: Wasting your time

*UPDATE Employee: I'm confused...

*Consumer Comment: Really, I said the information was public, fact check what you write

*UPDATE Employee: Inconsistent info

*Consumer Comment: Verizon is ONE company

*Consumer Comment: Why are you listing this under Verizon WIRELESS?

I ordered Verizon Fios TV/internet. I was told, at the time I ordered the service that If I moved before the one year contract was up, and my new location did not offer Fios, my contract would be voided and that an installation fee would only be charged for additional TV jacks only.

I did have to move to a different location which did not offer Fios. I was billed $179.00 early termination fee, and an additional charge for broadband along with an additional months service that totaled $380.81. When I talked to a representative I was told that since Verizon phone service was available at my new address and I would have to sign up for their land line, and the early termination activated an installation fee and an additional months service after I had cancelled and the equipment had been returned  to Verizon.

I already have Verizon cell phone service at $100.00 plus a month and have never had a land line and do not use a land line. I maintain that full disclosure should occur when the sales associate is asked about early termination. Verizon phone service is a different product and I should have been told by the Verizon sales 'associates' phone sales personnel about possible extra charges. I believe they were deliberately misleading and dishonest in order to 'sell' me the Verizon Fios product.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2009 07:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wireless-Communications-And-Verizon-Wireless/internet/Wireless-Communications-And-Verizon-Wireless-Verizon-guarenteed-me-that-if-I-moved-to-a-n-530255. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wireless Communications And Verizon Wireless

Yes...I believe I am wasting my time

AUTHOR: complexion - (United States of America)

Yes, I agree Ramjet.  Trying to explain how the process works has turned into a discussion about investors even though neither me or this poster are investors in Verizon.  Not sure why that angle keeps being used, but apparently I should take more business courses b/c of a billing issue that an original poster (and also this poster) has had and also investors are more important than consumers which is not at all what I said.  I thought what I posted made sense, but maybe not.  All I can say is I give up.  My only question for kelaine (I think) is if you're smarter than the employees that work for the company...why did it take so long to resolve the billing error that you had or did it get resolved (I assuming it did)?  If you know more than the employees that work for the company...why call in?  Why not just consult the website that you've gotten your other facts from?  Really this topic has gone way too long...so I'm raising the white flag, I surrender.  We're not worthy!! *bows*

Thanx you for so eloquently making my point

AUTHOR: Kalaine - (United States of America)

a.) I doubt that any one above mid-management level would approve or stand behind your assertion that investors hold a higher value than consumers without consumers, there would be no need for investors. Perhaps you should take some business courses before making statements like you made above I think that something that explains the role that reporting to the SEC plays in consumer protections might be particularly helpful to you.

b.) I am not the original poster on this issue. I am a consumer reacting to bikeryans assertion that there are different Verizon companies at play in the market place.

c.) Your claim that you were only 5 points off on the market share is just another indication of the lack of ethics employed by Verizon employees. To cut and paste (your words): Verizon Communications which owns 40% and Vodafone which is a European provider who owns 60% of Verizon Wireless this implies that Vodafone has controlling interest, which is another way of saying hey, Verizons just not responsible for its actions. The fact is as I stated above (cut and paste again): Verizon owns a controlling 55% interest in Verizon Wireless and Vodafone owns the remaining 45%.

d.) Finally, the field test that you outlined above is exactly what Ive been going through for five months and belies the problem with Verizons deliberately convoluted customer relations system.

My family has been with Verizon for over 10 years weve had the same 5 telephone numbers for over 5 years. When we went to the Onebill system, we were erroneously charged, over charged, charged for services that we never approved, and finally charged an enormous amount for an account/service that nobody can trace because you are separate companies. It does not matter, at all, what department is called I started calling the number listed on the bill itself at first it is always we are separate companies call this Verizon at this number. I have gotten that response from every single segment of Verizon about the very same account.

The contrived and convoluted structure of we are all separate companies is a deliberate attempt, in my schooled opinion, to frustrate consumers out of pursuing the many, frequent, albeit small, mistakes that are billed monthly. Its easy to give up on chasing a buck or ten bucks that are continuously extorted from customers as a part of an immoral billing standard, but Verizon benefits greatly from the practice (in the short run, probably not in the long run.)

I am vehemently responding to every bonehead that perpetuates the lie of separate companies as it enables Verizon abuse and bully consumers into complete exasperation. VERIZON IS ONE COMPANY, with the financial resources and talent to create a seamless and transparent customer relations system. Employing yet another layer of bullies, like you and bikeryan, to spread lies and falsities, seems like the wrong way to deal with legitimate customer concerns. Why not just deal with them?

Wasting your time

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

Complexion, you are probably wasting your time.

Some people just CANNOT constitutionally admit they are wrong so they keep twisting words around trying to prove they are right.  It's a silly and obvious tactic but here's a good example of it.

Thanks for the organization clarification. It's useful and helpful.

I'm confused...

AUTHOR: complexion - (United States of America)

You seem to keep copy and pasting public information as if you're smarter than the employees that work for the company, but the information you keep providing and your original issue don't even line up.  Ok so I was off 5% so in that respect I was wrong - ok, you got me but that's beside the point.  You're not an investor so I don't understand why you keep posting investors facts and even if you were an investor that information still isn't related to your original issue.  The point I was trying to make which addresses your specific issue.  I'm telling you that this is how it works.  You're trying to make a point but it's not even the correct circumstance.  You keep posting "INVESTOR" information when the issue you had was a "CONSUMER" issue.  So while the information you posted is relevant to being an "INVESTOR" (which you don't seem to be) this doesn't support your "CONSUMER" issue.

So read what I said instead of researching public information to try to prove every employee of the company wrong (even though the information you posted from the 10K filing isn't even related to YOUR issue). It seems like the point you're trying to make is we are one company so Verizon Communications as well as Verizon Wireless and apparently Vodafone who is overseas should be held accountable for the incorrect information you received about relocating your landline services.  The point I'm trying to make is that yes we are affiliated with one another but we don't have the same company policies (practices) so your issue would be with Verizon Communications only.  I didn't say we weren't affiliated with one another I SAID that WE DON'T OFFER CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR ONE ANOTHER which that seems to be YOUR issue at hand.  I agree with your argument that you were told that your contract would be voided if you moved to an area that didn't offer FiOS (which moving to an area that doesn't have FiOS is beyond your control) but then you end up getting charged.  I get that.  The only thing I take issue with is that Verizon Wireless is being rated as a rip off when this issue isn't a Verizon Wireless issue.  That's what I don't get.  That's what made me respond to this posting as opposed to the seemingly hundreds of other complaints about Verizon Wireless posted.

All "facts" aside though, I have a field test for you...I encourage you to try this as it doesn't cost anything.  Print out the information you researched about the investor's information on the Cellco Partnership and take it to any Verizon Wireless store.  Make sure it is a WIRELESS store.  With all the information printed out about us being one company, I urge you to go to a Verizon Wireless store and try to get help with your WIRELINE services from that store.  For example, ask them to pull up your landline account (if you still have the service) or even if you don't ask them if they can pull an account history for your LANDLINE services.  When they tell you that they cannot pull those types of records have them read the investors information you printed out and see if they can find the records in their system then.  I guarantee you the results I mentioned in my previous post.  An even easier test for you, call the Verizon Wireless customer service number posted on the website and try asking that rep. a question about your landline services and most likely you will be transferred to landline services (if even possible) which is a totally different call center.  That should tell you something there, we don't even use the same call centers.  Then I challenge you to post that ACTUAL experience in this forum.  But then again, you probably wouldn't because after all the information you posted and you continuing to have to "educate employees" - it would make you look like you didn't know what you were talking about in the first place.  Try that and then post that experience in this forum because you seem to think that I don't know what I am talking about.  Ford and Lincoln are under one company but they are two different beasts - same way with Verizon Communications and Verizon Wireless.  At the investor level the two aren't differentiated as with any company, but at consumer level there is that difference in operation.

Again, if you think that I am wrong or lying or whatever the case and if you're bored one day...try one of those two instances that I gave you above and see for yourself if there is truth to what I am saying and let me know the outcome or don't let me know. I already know the outcome because I know company policy (practice).  I just want you to see that I'm not just making things up.

Really, I said the information was public, fact check what you write

AUTHOR: Kalaine - (United States of America)

I'm really tired of having to inform Verizon employees about their company - they are allowed to misinform, apparently, employees and consumers, but not investors. This is a direct cut and paste from their 10k filing:

Verizon Communications Inc. (Verizon) is one of the worlds leading providers of communications services. Formerly known as Bell Atlantic Corporation, we were incorporated in 1983 under the laws of the State of Delaware. We began doing business as Verizon Communications on June 30, 2000 following our merger with GTE Corporation. We completed our merger with MCI on January 6, 2006, and its operations are now part of our wireline business. We completed the acquisition of Alltel Corporation (Alltel) on January 9, 2009, making Verizon the largest wireless service provider in the United States (U.S.) in terms of the total number of customers. Stressing diversity and commitment to the communities in which we operate, we have a highly diverse workforce of approximately 223,900 employees. Our principal executive offices are located at 140 West Street, New York, New York 10007 (telephone number 212-395-1000). We have two primary reportable segments, Domestic Wireless and Wireline, which we operate and manage as strategic business segments and organize by products and services. These segments and principal activities consist of the following: Domestic Wireless Domestic Wirelesss products and services include wireless voice, data services and other value-added services and equipment sales across the U.S. Wireline Wirelines communications services include voice, Internet access, broadband video and data, next generation Internet protocol (IP) network services, network access, long distance and other services. We provide these services to consumers, carriers, businesses and government customers both in the U.S. and internationally in 150 countries.

Operating as two separate segments is different than being 2 separate companies - the distinction seems to be lost on many employees, most likely by design.

You were wrong, also, about the percentages shard by the 'partners' - Verizon has controlling interest. Again, a cut an paste from the filing: Background Our Domestic Wireless segment, Cellco Partnership doing business as Verizon Wireless (Verizon Wireless), is a joint venture formed in April 2000 by the combination of the U.S. wireless operations and interests of Verizon and Vodafone Group Plc (Vodafone). Verizon owns a controlling 55% interest in Verizon Wireless and Vodafone owns the remaining 45%.

Again, if employees are going to offer themselves as experts on their companies, they should (you should) fact check the propaganda you are spreading. By law, it is public information and you can Google it.

Inconsistent info

AUTHOR: complexion - (United States of America)

First of all, the earlier poster is correct in suggesting that you file your complaint against the Verizon landline services and not Verizon Wireless.  Since you seem to think that the person is a Verizon Wireless emp. in hiding let me disclose upfront that I am a Verizon Wireless retail employee.  Let me shed some light on this complaint.

I know you did some research, but unfortunately your conclusions are all the way correct.  Verizon Wireless is owned by two diff. corporations:  Verizon Communications which owns 40% and Vodafone which is a European provider who owns 60% of Verizon Wireless.  That being said, the three are diff. entities in how they operate.  Verizon Communications (Verizon North) and Verizon Wireless dont share business practices, products & services, billing systems, financial service depts., or payroll depts.  For example, you cant come into a Verizon Wireless store to get any landline equipment, get answers about your landline services/billing, or even pay your bill (unless you use the OneBILL service which combines your wireless and landline services into one billing statement and even still you have to use a special designated automated bill pay machine within the store to process a payment).  And vice versa for going into a Verizon Communications store and needing help with the wireless side of things.  They will refer you to our store (and vice versa).

You, like a lot of customers, make the mistake of only looking at the VERIZON in the title and thinking it is all the same.  As stupid as it may seem to you, there is a huge diff. between VERIZON and VERIZON WIRELESS.  The WIRELESS in the title distinguishes our products/services and our business policies from Verizon Communications.  Additionally, if you see VERIZON WIRELESS AUTHORIZED AGENT/RESELLERthe AUTHORIZED AGENT in the title means that this store location isnt a Verizon Wireless corporate location and is a privately owned entity who is authorized to sell our products (i.e. Cellular Connection).  These are things that we know internally, but you as the consumer, only see VERIZON so you think it is all one practice.

I said all of that to say that there is no incentive in any way for a VERIZON WIRELESS sales rep. to suggest you sign up for any VERIZON LANDLINE product.  We dont get commissions, spiffs, promotions, or raises for any of this despite what you believe.  We are not connected that way.  Maybe there was just a miscommunication between you and the particular rep.  We arent even knowledgeable beyond what you are on Verizon landline products/services/practices.  They dont train us on these things because we are separate.  And Im assuming it is the same way for them as far as knowing what we offer.  I just felt the need to explain the diff. to you as you seem to quickly call another poster a BONEHEAD but they actually knew what they were talking about.  If you dont believe what I am saying, try going into a Verizon Wireless store and paying your landline bill or asking them billing questions about your landline billing charges.  Good luck with the billing issue.

Verizon is ONE company

AUTHOR: Kalaine - (United States of America)

My 'rebttal' is in response to the bonehead who said that Verizon and Verizon Wireless are two diffrent companies. My best guess is that he is an employee of the company because that is the line that all employees have given me for the last 4 months.

Please go to the EDGAR database and read through their 10k SEC filing - 'they' are one company with one board of directors and one set of shareholders.

You don't have to believe every commercial that you see, really.

Why are you listing this under Verizon WIRELESS?

AUTHOR: Bikebryan - (U.S.A.)

Your complaint is against Verizon, not Verizon Wireless.  Please pay attention to details.

You do realize they are two distinct and separate companies, right?