Complaint Review: Wireless Rebate Processing Center - Inphonic

• Submitted: Tue, February 06, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, February 06, 2007

• Reported By:naperville Illinois
Wireless Rebate Processing Center - Inphonic
Po Box 100517 -BAR White Bear Lake, Minnesota U.S.A.

Wireless Rebate Processing Center - InphonicWireless Rebate Processing Center - Rebate Runaround White Bear Lake Minnesota

10 Months ago I purchased 2 phones from Inphonic via the MyPoints.com website. The carrier for these phones was Cingular and were both carried on a shared plan. Both phones had a Manufacturer rebate which was I sent in immediately and I received checks within a short period of time. Then there 4 more rebates which had to be processed via the Wireless Rebate Processing Center.

The first two were payable between the first 90-120 days of service. I sent them in and waited. The next two were payable between 150 and 210 days of service. I sent those two and then waited. I later called to find what the problem was with the first rebate and that's when I knew I had been scammed.

Due to a misinterpretation of the fine print they said I would be getting no rebates at all. I had sent the rebates for both phones in the same envelope. And since it was now after the 90-120 day window, I could not resend the information. I was out of luck period. There was no chance to resend the information or anything and there was no notification from them that anything was wrong. Unfortunately for me it was now also after the second rebate window.

These guys make you wait 8 weeks before anything gets processed and by then everything has expired. Well fortunately for me they did send one of the checks from the first envelope. I received this in Janauary of 07 for a phone purchased in April of 06. Then I received a letter from them saying my second rebates would not be processed at all (well at least the one that they could process) because they were missing the statement. This is complete nonsense.

Not only did I send a statement but I sent 2! Remember I put both rebates in the envelope! This goes around with the phone support center and then they tell me that I can't send another copy of the statement because it again is past a deadline. What is total nonsense about these guys is that I purchased a phone with my money, paid my Cingular bills with my money, save receipts UPC symbols etc for 5 months and send in within a small window, and then they tell me that I don't qualify. You know what happens now? They keep my money.

They can say or do anything they wish and I have no recourse because Inphonic doesn't care. They got my phone order. I am going to talk to the people at MyPoints about their dealing with such a shady operation.

And this rebate center is the most crooked operation I have seen. There is not once ounce of negotiation or settlement. Somehow they have twisted this into a challenge and if you fail to dot one i, you will fail.

Mike
naperville, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2007 09:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wireless-Rebate-Processing-Center-Inphonic/White-Bear-Lake-Minnesota-55110-0517/Wireless-Rebate-Processing-Center-InphonicWireless-Rebate-Processing-Center-Rebate-Ru-234625. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wireless Rebate Processing Center - Inphonic