Complaint Review: Wisconsin Custom Openings

• Updated: Wed, June 18, 2014

• Reported By: Dillon — Wautoma Wisconsin
Wisconsin Custom Openings
205 E Main St Wautoma, Wisconsin USA

Wisconsin Custom Openings Mike, WI Custom Windows and Doors, Replacement Vinyl Windows in Wisconsin Wisconsin Custom Openings Rips off Employees and Customers Wautoma Wisconsin

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Not True!!!

I worked for Wisconsin Custom Openings for 3 weeks as an outside sales rep. I was told training would be held for the first 3 weeks in which time I would compensated $1200 and then following the 3 week training, I would go out into the sales field to demo replacement windows and doors to sales leads. I was told by the owner that I excelled through training after the first week and that he thought I was ready to go and do sales. I was told even though we were not training for all 3 weeks, I would still be paid $1,200 as was agreed upon during my acceptance of the job offer.

I did sales calls for the next two weeks paying for gas, transport and everything out of my own pocket. After 3 weeks with the company, I realized this would not be a suitable for me. I was promised between 2 and 3 leads a day and received only one, maybe two if I was lucky. There were even days when I would not get a single lead at all. Having a family to support and bills to pay, I knew I had to find a more financially suitable job. I spoke with the owner, Mike, the week before my resignation stating I would most likely need to exit the company for financial reasons.

The following week, I was supposed to receive the final 3rd portion of the $1,200 training compensation. Low and behold, I never received it. I attempted to get in touch with Mike several times regarding the matter with no response. He finally answered the business line after I called 4 times in one day. When I explained to him I had not received my pay for the week prior (which I worked in full) he said he was having issues with direct deposit and that he would mail a check immediately and have it to me before the end of the week. That was a week ago and I still have not seen anything. The business is only 45 minutes from my house and mail from this area usually arrives in a day.

It was clear to me he did not even send it out. I have tried to contact Mike numerous times of the matter since and have not received a call back. I may not be a lawyer, but i'm fairly certain this is illegal and above all else a downright low and unprofessional thing to do to someone. Aside from his wrong doings to me as an employee, I am concerned for his current and future customers. He seems to be fine with pressuring customers into contracts and then pursuing legal action if they decide to cancel. All in all I have worked in sales for 6 years and this company screams predatory business practices. Think twice before doing business or seeking employment with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2014 07:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wisconsin-Custom-Openings/Wautoma-Wisconsin/Wisconsin-Custom-Openings-Mike-WI-Custom-Windows-and-Doors-Replacement-Vinyl-Windows-in-1154715. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wisconsin Custom Openings

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Not True!!!

AUTHOR: Wis. Custom Openings - ()

Dear Dillon,

We did give you all of your pay. When you quit we took you off our payroll and it kick back your pay. We are sorry for that and we did ship it out your pay in a timely manner. The positon you had was required you to pay for gas as stated in your interview. The amout of apts. you were told is that you would have 7 or 8 apts a week and looking at your apts. for when you run them we gave you 8 - 9 a week. So I don't know where you came up with them numbers.

And your comment about we will take people to cout if they cancel there job! We have never taken anyone to court.

Sorry for your inconvenience.

Mike.