Complaint Review: Wise Technology

• Updated: Thu, March 07, 2013

• Reported By: Austin — Saraland Alabama United States of America
Wise Technology
1432 Industrial Parkway Saraland, Alabama United States of America

Wise Technology Wise Technology Saraland Wise Technology Technicians will cause more problems than they fix and then try to charge you to fix it!! Saraland, Alabama

I own a small business in Saraland, AL and we use a broadband network for all business transactions including internet sales, telephone system, faxing, scanning, copying, email, etc. Everything is network based. When we moved into our new location we had Cat 5 line ran to all the offices including the copy machine which is capable of scanning, faxing, copying, and printing from any computer in the building. We had all Cat 5 lines terminated (terminated means to install an ethernet plug on the end of a wire so it can be plugged into a computer). Well two of the cables did not work, everything else in the building worked except these two cables. I could only assume that they were terminated incorrectly. Therefore I contacted a local PC Repair Company, Wise Technology in Saraland, AL.

Anyone who knows anything about CPU repair can terminated a Cat 5 line so contacting Wise Technology seemed to be the best decision since they specialize in CPU repair onsite. [continued below]....
..... I made the appointment for one of their technicians to come on-site and terminated these two cables. This is and was a simple request and a simple task. What I should have done was taken the cat 5 lines out into the parking lot and asked the technician to terminate them there so that he didn't mess anything up. You will understand why I just said that once you read the rest of this.

The technician came into the building and I showed him the two wires that needed to be terminated and he agreed that this should be a simple task. About ten minutes later he came to me and asked if it was okay for the entire internet to go down for a few minutes. Considering that my entire phone system, fax machine, all internet at all computers would all go down I told him that would not be okay and that the only reason he was called was to terminate two wires and request payment for these services. Well it was obviously too late for all that because the entire network went down about 5 minutes later which is what I told him not to do.

At this point the technician became frustrated because he was not able to get the network back up online. He was here for 4 hours and the entire time I kept asking myself why in the world would you do anything other than what you were called out here to do?? I hope this guy knows he is not getting paid for fixing my network.....I hope he understands that I called him out here to install 2 plugs on the ends of 2 wires and that is all he is getting paid for. The problem with that is the fact that my entire operation has been down for 4 hours now.

Upon leaving he discussed payment and that they get paid by the hour. I immediately informed him that not only that I only called him out here to do one thing but also informed him that is all that I am paying for. He asked me to sign the work order and that he would go back to the office and negotiate out an amount for the services performed. I assumed that he meant that he was going to go back to his boss and tell him what he did wrong and explain why it took him 4 hours to do a 10 minute task. That is not at all what he went back and told him.

The next morning I noticed that the copy machine scan and fax function was not working and did not have an IP configuration. The only thing that causes this is when the network cable is unplugged. When this happens I have to call Quality Printing in Mobile, AL and they charge me $98 to come out and reconfigure my machine, hence the reason it never gets unplugged unless we move to a new location.

Everything was working when this moron arrived and all he was asked to do was terminate two wires. No one asked him to unplug all my network cables from my network hub and switch wires around. He went back and told his boss that we had everything hooked up incorrectly and that nothing was labeled and that he did not know where anything was supposed to go. Well no of that is important because it was all plugged in and working when he showed up, he was not called out here to unplug anything or label anything, he was specifically asked not to unplug anything or cause the network to go down, and when he left my machine lost it's configuration.

You would think that by calling the owner of Wise Technology and explaining all of this that he would be concerned and would send the tech back over to configure the copy machine so that it worked but that is not at all what took place. When I called the owner of Wise Technology he told me that my system was hooked up incorrectly and that there is nothing he could have done that could have prevented the system to go down. I informed him 3 times on the phone that all I needed was 2 wires terminated and he informed me 3 times "that is not how we operate". Why would you go to someone's place of business and do the opposite of what you are asked? If that is how you operate then you purposely cause problems and then try to get the victim to pay you for services that are only needed because you showed up. This is deceptive trade practices and violates the Deceptive Trade Practices Act. I will be contacting the Federal Trade Commission and reporting this business. Do not use this company unless you want more problems. The owner refused to help me and hung up on me numerous times. His last words were "you obviously don't know who I am" and then he refused to give me his last name. I called him back and sure enough his last name is on his VM greeting. Beware!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2013 10:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wise-Technology/Saraland-Alabama-36571/Wise-Technology-Wise-Technology-Saraland-Wise-Technology-Technicians-will-cause-more-probl-1024980. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wise Technology