Complaint Review: Wizard Wood Wands

• Submitted: Fri, January 27, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, January 27, 2012

• Reported By: anonymous — Kaiser Missouri United States of America
Wizard Wood Wands

Wizard Wood Wands Ripping off Harry Potter fans! 32 weeks.... still no wand! Internet, Internet

I ordered this wand for my son's 9th birthday which was in July.  I placed my order on June 16th, 2011.  Explained to my son that it would be a late gift because it would take 6 -8 weeks to arrive.  He was so excited, he said he could wait.
8 weeks went by... no wand.  Contacted "Magix" and got a response that he was swamped with orders, but would try to put my order on the top of the list.  Said he's send an email with shipping transaction number ASAP.
I wait another 8 weeks, then email again. "Magix" responds that it was sent and must have been lost in the mail.  I said I never received a confirmation number, and he states when he looked at the order, he also did not see a shipping transaction number.  He says that he will put the order on top of the list again and send it out ASAP.  Notice a trend here?

So, I wait another 6 weeks. I have to admit, I am getting a little suspicious at this point.  But, my son is still really wanting the wand.  He does not want me to cancel the order.  I email "Magix" again and state that I expect to get my wand by Thanksgiving so that perhaps my son can have it by Christmas.  This time, "Magix" gets back to me and states that he just moved to a new workshop and has been inundated with emails etc.  He will get back to me as soon as gets "settled".

Needlesstosay, I never heard from him again.  I emailed him today, basically saying I want my money back.  I had used PayPal to pay for the order... but they have a 45-day limit on filing a dispute.  Funny, that the order takes "6-8 weeks" which immediately put me out of the running to file a dispute! Looks like the BBb of Florida will be my next stop.
I think the worst part of it is that my son absolutely loves Harry Potter.  He thought the Wizard Wood Wands website was awesome and he was so excited about getting a wand made especially FOR HIM.  What a waste of time and money... and my son gets to the learn the term "Internet Fraud". Thanks for the life lesson, "Magix".

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2012 12:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wizard-Wood-Wands/internet/Wizard-Wood-Wands-Ripping-off-Harry-Potter-fans-32-weeks-still-no-wand-Internet-In-829727. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wizard Wood Wands