Complaint Review: Wizard101 Kings Isle Entertainment

• Updated: Fri, May 02, 2014

• Reported By: Mea — Eau Claire Wisconsin
Wizard101 Kings Isle Entertainment
Internet USA

Wizard101 Kings Isle Entertainment Took my money even though I cancelled membership Internet

12/20/2010  I signed up for 1 year membership, for Wizard 101, at $59.95. Within that year, I found I didn't play it as much as I had prior, so cancelled my membership.

I recently just happened to see on my credit card statement that they had charged me in December. I didn't renew my membership so contacted Kings Isle.

They (conveniently) said they found no record of my cancellation.

Per their help site, to cancel an account, you have to log into said account and click on the Cancel Account button. I logged in and there was no cancellation button available ...because I had already canceled my account years prior. I let Kings Isle know I had proof that my account was cancelled by me.

I explained that hadn't even played since 2011, and their software can show this, but they won't tell me if they looked or what they found when I asked them to check my profile to prove I hadn't played for years.

I called my credit card company and had them stop the payment. KingsIsle sent me an email saying my account was banned permanently:

Response Via Email (KingsIsle Support) 04/28/2014 04:18 PM
Hi there!

It appears you have already received the refund of $59.95 by your bank. Please be assured the account is banned permanently so no further charges can be applied.

I emailed them again and asked them how many times they had taken money, here is their response:

Response Via Email (KingsIsle Support) 04/30/2014 01:21 PM
Greetings,

The 12 month subscription has been charged a total of 4 times over the last 4 years.

I asked them for the rest of my money that they took. Here is their response:

Response Via Email (KingsIsle Support) 04/30/2014 04:16 PM
Greetings,

The refund that has already been provided, is the extent of the charges that were eligible for said refund.

So, they took out 4 membership fees. I only authorized the 1st time. The last time was refunded. I am stilled owed for 2 years worth of fees and I want my money back pronto!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2014 12:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wizard101-Kings-Isle-Entertainment/internet/Wizard101-Kings-Isle-Entertainment-Took-my-money-even-though-I-cancelled-membership-Inter-1143589. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wizard101 Kings Isle Entertainment