Complaint Review: Wizz Air Hungary Kft.

• Submitted: Wed, August 29, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, August 29, 2012

• Reported By: Jane — New York New York United States of America
Wizz Air Hungary Kft.
H-1185 Budapest, BUD International Airport Buildin Internet United States of America

Wizz Air Hungary Kft. Abusive, fraudulent airline. Corners passengers into paying them insane luggage fees at the gate. Internet

This airline specializes in ripping people off. Here is my story of my last flight with Wizzair.
After checking in for my connecting flight and arriving at my gate in Madrid Barajas Airport on August 28, 2012, Wizzair purposely delayed the OTP bound flight so that the staff could cash in on everyone's carry-ons.
The Wizzair gate personnel asked me and other passengers to pay them 60 Euro - Cash Only (they refused to take credit cards - now how legit is that??) in order to let us board the flight. I had used the same carry-on that I always use - standard size that fit and complied with every other airline I had been on, and that I had also on a previous Wizzair flight just a month earlier.
They could have easily asked people to pay extra or rearrange their luggage when checking in, but instead Wizzair chose to trap everyone and force people to pay cash when they had no other choice left at the gate. They delayed the flight and brought an army of immoral agents to the gate in order to measure everyones luggage. Desperate passengers were ripping the wheels off their carry-ons or simply abandoning them at the airport in order to avoid paying the fraudulent 60 Euro Cash Only fee. It was a complete circus, a scheme orchestrated by a criminal airline.
Lastly, please note that Wizzair's size requirements do not comply with international standards (no well-made carry-on with wheels will fit their frame..) and their policies and employees are simply abusive and plain criminal. What are connecting passengers supposed to do with their carry-ons when they arrive at the gate for their connecting Wizzair flight? I usually have to carry an emergency nebulizer machine as well as emergency asthma and food allergies meds for my children so I need a sturdy carry on I cannot throw my carry on and travel with plastic bags as this airline forces passengers to do.  I was thankful I was not traveling with my children on this instance, but I believe everyone deserves to know about the unacceptable scam that Wizzair runs with no shame.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2012 06:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wizz-Air-Hungary-Kft/internet/Wizz-Air-Hungary-Kft-Abusive-fraudulent-airline-Corners-passengers-into-paying-them-in-934121. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wizz Air Hungary Kft.