Complaint Review: Wizz Air

• Submitted: Thu, February 09, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, January 20, 2013

• Reported By: Knuckleboom — Austin Texas U.S.A.
Wizz Air
BUD International Airport Building 221, Budapest Internet, Select State/Province United States of America

Wizz Air Impossible to change a flight or get a human being on the phone; no toll free numbers, you must pay to call them! Beware! Internet, Other

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: launching a new cabin baggage policy - forced to pay more money

*Author of original report: WizzAir makes Good! I got my money back, and extra flight credit! Thank you Wizz Air

Wizzair changed my departure date without even telling me, and its useless to call the call center or email them (which I, of course, already have done). The biggest problem I have with Wizzair is that they are completely impossible to get a hold of. I've tried using Skype and Rebtel (paying with my own money), and yet I can never get in touch w/ anyone there. Is there anyone there??!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2012 01:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wizz-Air/Internet-Select-StateProvince-/Wizz-Air-Impossible-to-change-a-flight-or-get-a-human-being-on-the-phone-no-toll-free-n-836591. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wizz Air

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

launching a new cabin baggage policy - forced to pay more money

AUTHOR: Dino - (United Kingdom)

Hi all,

I am writing this email to report a what I would call type of a scam if I may call it like that the Large baggage that I was forced to pay to the Airport due to the changes Wizzair has made since 24th October launching a new cabin baggage policy.

I was asked to pay 27 each for of our Large cabin bags so a total of 54 in cash for both my an my wife. On the way back to London purchased 2 Large cabin bags (on 27th October) on line 9 each juts to avoid any more charges.

The time when I paid my ticket dated 16th of Oct 2001 this policy was not available so therefore Cabin baggage was included in the total amount of the ticket same as previous flights I have made for years. I am not tying to avoid any payment here but that was not fair to charge me for a change that occurred after my ticket was booked.

I strongly believe that this policy should not affected our tickets and therefore I send an email to Wizz Air to look at that for me and refund my money back. A total of 72.

I send the first email a month ago since 20th Dec 2012 and I chased on 5th Jan 2013 still not heard back. I have been considering calling but cost is outrages so expensive how  can they do that these numbers should be banned.

So since they are not replying back and calling their numbers is not going to happen, I will report to watchdog http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74 and Ripp off Britain.

I will not rest until they hear me, this is simple not for the  money but for the principal, if they want to charge more I will pay more that is not a problem for me.

Thanks
Dino Citozi
Email: dinocitozi@hotmail.com

AUTHOR: Knuckleboom - (USA)

Literally one day after I listed on RippOff Report, Wizz Air actually called me (from Poland, and I'm in the States). They offered me a full refund plus extra mileage credit to make up for the inconvenience. I can genuinely say that I've had a change of heart, and am a big fan of Wizz Air -- thanks!