Complaint Review: Wli*reservationrewards

• Updated: Fri, November 02, 2007

• Reported By:Glendale California
Wli*reservationrewards
reservationsrewards.com Internet U.S.A.

Wli*reservationrewards Stealthy account activation - connection to credit card info and monthly charges Internet

*Author of original report: WLI*RESERVATIONREWARDS refunded unauthorized charges

Like others who have been victims of this company, I discovered a monthly $10 charge by 'WLI*RESERVATIONREWARDS 800-732-7031' on my mastercard account. After reading other victim stories on Ripoff Report, I contacted the reservations rewards company by phone and got thru to a customer service person. He gave me the account history and said the account was activated during the online purchase of tickets using moviefone.com back in May, 2006. So there were 17 months of unexpected charges ($170). When I objected to this automatic account activation AND what I considered to be unauthorized charges to my credit card, he said the $170 would be credited back to my charge card in 3-5 days. Also, I instructed him to close/deactivate the account immediately to prevent any further charges. We'll see if the charge card credit comes thru.

HappyFarm
Glendale, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2007 01:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wlireservationrewards/internet/Wlireservationrewards-Stealthy-account-activation-connection-to-credit-card-info-and-mo-281098. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wli*reservationrewards

AUTHOR: Happy farm - (U.S.A.)

Happy ending to the WLI*RESERVATIONREWARDS ripoff. One week after contacting the company by phone and being promised that months of unexpected (and unauthorized) charges would be refunded, I checked my credit card statement and sure enough there was $170 of monthly credits posted. Nice that company responded promptly and positively to my complaint...not nice that they were taking preditory action by charging me in the first place.