Complaint Review: Woldcom Wireless

• Submitted: Sat, December 22, 2001
  • Updated: Sat, December 22, 2001

• Reported By:Phila Pa
Woldcom Wireless
PO BOX 5211 NEW YORK, NEW YORK U.S.A.

MCi Worldcom wireless ripoff ..This will be the 4th time they sent a phone.

On Nov 14, 2001 we ordered a cell phone package from worldcom wireless and 2 weeks later we recieved a phone that did not work. We had no service signal and the phone would not hold a charge for more that an hour, we called and called and was on hold for 45 minutes to an hour waiting to speak to representatives. When we did speak to someone they were less than helpful, so we ordered a new replacement phone.

That replacement phone was sent to the wrong address, how can they send the second phone to a wrong address? WE thought ok a simple mistake. It was now the week of Dec 3rd. We called numerous times again thank God i had it documented who I spoke to and when. It is now Dec 22, did i mention this was supposed to be a Christmas gift, still no phone!

On Dec 17th we were told another phone [the 3rd] was to be sent we would have it by Sat the 22, today. It was never sent! But they tell me I'm breeching the contract when they are the ones being incompetent. I spoke to the cancellation department a few times as well, thier response...we'll send another one out! This will be the 4th time they sent a phone.

I have a phone sitting in a box waiting for UPS to pick up, when they deliver a good one. I want to cancell the order, and they tell me they will charge us a $200 cancellation fee. I will be contacting Consumer Affairs and the Better Business Bureau to report this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Woldcom-Wireless/NEW-YORK-NEW-YORK-10087/MCi-Worldcom-wireless-ripoff-This-will-be-the-4th-time-they-sent-a-phone-9845. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Woldcom Wireless