Complaint Review: Women's Health Institute of Texas

• Updated: Wed, June 13, 2012

• Reported By: Marilyn — Garfield Hts Ohio USA
Women's Health Institute of Texas
4771 Sweetwater Blvd. Suite 155 Sugar-Land, Texas United States of America

Women's Health Institute of Texas Letters sent to address returned unopened. Sugar-Land, Texas

Fair warning to all who click on this ad claiming your thyroid is to blame for everything from your sleep to why you aren't losing weight.   STOP!  Do what I should've done: your homework to see if this place is for real or just another scam.

Here's how it goes:  the 'doctor' tells you that the reason you can't lose weight is your thyroid.  They give you a 'test' to fill out which few, if any could pass without tripping the 'I need to buy their iodine/iodide product' . There is a very long page of professional journal citations:  The long list of 'professional articles' in their ad contains many duplicates & triplicates to make the list look quite lengthy.  Not only that but several of them aren't even recognized trade journals!

The trouble comes when you have problems with billing, or the product itself - you really don't know how much to take or if taking this product will do considerable harm to you. If you follow their directions, you end up taking a LOT of this stuff - and when you try to reach them they don't respond. The phone wasn't working when I tried it, and the letter I sent was returned 'No Such Person'

I looked up 'the Women's Health Institute of Texas' to see if anyone else had troubles - which I admit I should've done FIRST, but got caught up in the hype and the offer of '$10/month'  - which it isn't unless you buy a year's supply. By the month it's a LOT more expensive - and if your 'test' shows a certain score (guaranteed) you'll be needing 2 or 3 bottles a month - not just one. At any rate, I checked and found the BBB score for these folks is F+. Not only do they NOT take care of customer complaints, the BBB sent mail to all known addresses for this 'Institute' and ALL the mail came back to them.

I tried to look up this 'Institute' and found nothing. No academic or medical credentials in Texas or anywhere else. If I would have stopped to think first I might've realized no 'Institute' could be in a single suite in an office building!  Duh-me!

Most of the complaints are related to either billing or the product - but the page didn't go into details.  Other websites & pages did - continued charge card withdrawals even after stopping the product, inability to reach a real person, address invalid, higher amounts charged than authorized - you name it, they did it.

My doctor almost had kittens on the linoleum when I showed him the bottle: he said that amount was in no way safe for me with my current medical conditions (yes, the site does warn you to tell your doctor, but it makes their product sound so safe, I skipped that step). He had me tested for iodine overdose and I was way, waaaay over the limits from taking their recommended 3 caps/day.

This site makes it seem as though almost all your health problems will be solved if your thyroid is given enough iodine.   My doctor said that is pure BS: he's top doc at the Cleveland Clinic Endocrinology Dept.  I got the lecture on 'don't ever be so stupid again' and if I thought I needed this stuff he would have first done extensive testing to see precisely what was wrong and determine what I needed and at what dose. I was then started on iodine detox.

My credit card company intervened to shut down their repeated withdrawals since I couldn't reach them ino order to send them notices to stop. The company didn't respond to them - but on another ripoff site it claimed it never even heard of me!  Hmmm... must be that 'mind fog' they claim is proof of thyroid problems. Maybe they need to take their own stuff.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2012 07:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Womens-Health-Institute-of-Texas/Sugar-Land-Texas-77479/Womens-Health-Institute-of-Texas-Letters-sent-to-address-returned-unopened-Sugar-Land-897253. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Women's Health Institute of Texas