Complaint Review: Wood Dash Experts, Wood View, Onyx Automotives

Wood Dash Experts, Wood View, Onyx Automotives CARid AVOID AT ALL COST Internet

*General Comment: I think its a scam

*Author of original report: Anything but a Hoax

*UPDATE Employee: Possible Hoax

The worst experience I have EVER had with an online retailer.

Do not buy ANYTHHING from this company!!!

I found the company online and was looking for a dash kit along with a rear spoiler for my Acura. I ordered a rear spoiler(which I had to pay an additional charge to be color matched) along with a brushed aluminum "MATCH OEM" dash kit. I paid almost four hundred dollars for my two items. I received the dash kit about two weeks later and no spoiler. When I opened the dash kit it honestly looked like something that would be put in a Ford Explorer. It was covered in a thick plastic coating and looked anything but the brushed aluminum trim that came in my car. When I called them to get a return label, they said I had to pay the return shipping along with a 20 or 30% restocking fee, even though their item was completely unacceptable as they were claiming it was match OEM. They told me at the time my spoiler was on its way. I waited a few weeks to call them b/c my spolier never came and they told me it was out of stock and wasn't going to be available for almost another month, even though they charged the full amount to my credit card over a month earlier. I CANCELED my order, but I didnt see a refund on my credit card so I called them again for them to tell me that the guy I had been dealing with was "no longer working with them" and that the spoiler was on its way. At this point it had been almost THREE months. They keep changing their name so beware. I had to file a claim with my credit card company and it was a horrible experience all together. I am leaving out a lot, but there is seriously more b.s. to my story. STAY AWAY!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2009 04:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wood-Dash-Experts-Wood-View-Onyx-Automotives/internet/Wood-Dash-Experts-Wood-View-Onyx-Automotives-CARid-AVOID-AT-ALL-COST-Internet-522685. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wood Dash Experts, Wood View, Onyx Automotives

#1 General Comment

I think its a scam

AUTHOR: tito82 - (United States of America)

ok, i want to buy these tailights off this site  so i talked to customer service and they told me they could only ship, so before i make a move i checked how legit this company is, well they sound like scammers to me, here this supposely steven guy says the restocking fee is %15, on another complaint i was reading he answered also and said that there werent any restocking fees? that proves to me that this company is just a scam. i guess im going to stick to kijiji

tito

Anything but a Hoax

AUTHOR: alanapol - (United States of America)

I have absolutely no desire to deal with your company any further. Like I said, it was THE worst experience I have ever had with a company and in all your company is completely unprofessional and on the same level as a scam.
If you don't have items in stock, then don't advertise them in stock. If an item isn't the same quality as advertised than there is NO reason I should have had to pay a "restocking" fee.

I understand company policies, but there is no reason that I should have dealt with your companies mistakes and the only reason I would post this is to save other people the time and hassle that I had sucked from me. I dealt with multiple levels of management and somehow never talked to you, so I don't really know where you get off on trying to claim "possible hoax." You work there so of all people you should know how your company really runs, or you just have a bunch of lying incompetent employees. Even employees from your company have commented on this same website about how horrible your company is.

Possible Hoax

AUTHOR: CARiD.com - (United States of America)

Dear Alana,

1. Our restocking fee has always been 15%. (http://www.carid.com/help-zone/returns/)

2. Return Policy: "If the return of an item was caused by an error on our or a manufacturer's part, restocking and shipping fees do not apply." We would never ask a customer to pay for anything that is defected or doesn't match.

3. Refunds are always issued within 5-7 days

If this is not a fake complaint, please provide us with your NAME and ORDER NUMBER as proof that this complaint is real and feel free to contact me personally @ 800-505-3274 Ext 89. I will make sure that you are happy and remain our customer.

Sincerely,