Complaint Review: Wood Floors By Classic

• Updated: Thu, January 16, 2014

• Reported By: pmcake — DOUGLASTON New York
Wood Floors By Classic
76-28 Parsons Blvd, 2nd Floor, Flushing, New York USA

Wood Floors By Classic SHADY, SHODDY COMPANY! Did not do the job they were contracted to do - Sanding and finishing Master Bedroom. Sent a sub-contractor who walked off the job in 15 minutes claiming furniture was too heavy. Company left me high and dry with contents of closets all around my living room. Would only send someone else if I signed a waiver that I wouldn't hold them responsible for damaging my furniture. Flushing New York

Two salesmen came to give me a price for sanding and finishing my Master Bedroom floor, which included a fee for moving the bedroom furniture. I cleaned out 2 huge walk-in closets and 2 double closets in preparation. The day they were scheduled to come, 3 men arrived in a van that was painted, "Bargain Flooring," not Classic Flooring which was the company that had been contracted. They obviously subbed the job out although the girl in the office swore they don't do that. The men were out the door in 15 min., refusing to move the furniture because it was, "too heavy." Having worked for a moving company, I told them that any piece can be moved if you take the drawers out. They wanted no part of the job.

I spent the day on the phone with the company to no avail and had to deal with their nasty "customer service" representative. They wanted me to sign a disclaimer stating I wouldn't hold them responsible if they damaged the furniture. [continued below]....

..... Seriously?  I continuously asked for the owner to call and was continuously told he would. I'm still waiting.

At 7PM another representative came to my home to see the job and see if they could do it the following day. He confirmed that the subs would not handle that kind of job for the money they would get from Classic. That was it. The company left me high and dry with the contents of my closets strewn around my living room and no one coming to do the job that they contracted to do. The furniture did not grow in that room. It was all there when the salesmen came and quoted the job.

I am now sitting here in a mess trying to find a reputable company to do it quickly so I can put my bedroom back together. Run, do not walk away from this company!! They gave me nothing but grief and aggravation. This will end up costing me a good deal of money since I now have to do this job under duress because I have to get it done quickly. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2014 12:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wood-Floors-By-Classic/Flushing-New-York-11366/Wood-Floors-By-Classic-SHADY-SHODDY-COMPANY-Did-not-do-the-job-they-were-contracted-to-1116048. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wood Floors By Classic