Complaint Review: Wood Forest National Bank

• Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Wood Forest National Bank Insane fees winston salem, North Carolina

I started banking with Wood Forest a few months ago because of their convienent hours of being open on the weekend. I opend the account to have an extra banking account and so I could quickly cash my once a month paychecks.

Near the end of August I went to log in and check on my online account, but I had forgotten one of the security passwords and becase locked out of my account.  I called the number provided and the Lady I talked to said it would be fixed in a few days.

A week later I went to log into my account but found that I had still been locked out.  I called the same number again and the person I had talked to said that they were doing maintence and that I would be able to log into my account in a few days.

I waited 2 weeks this time before trying to log into my account.  I was still locked out.  (During this time I also forgot my passcode for checking my account information for my phone[at this point a person might as well give up, you cant get through to anyone for help with that])

I called again and told the service rep the problems I was having and I was once again to wait a few more days before logging in. At this point it has been almost 2 months that I have not been able to check my account.  I called up and talked to someone today only to find that to my horror my account is negative $409.  The lady on the phone said that the over draft was the reason that I was unable to log into my online account.

Evidently in August I had over drawn my account twice and was charged two over draft fees for a total of around $124.  Then over the time that I was unable to check my account balance which was around 2 months accumilated another $285 in fees.

I never did recieve anything in the mail saying that I had over drawn my account.  Never had any phone calls nor did any of the customer service people on the phone say anything about my account being in the negative(the reason i was never able to access my account in the first place)

Clearly this bank is after the hard working americans dollar!!  I read some of the other complaints on this bank, and I am appaled at what all I have read!! And this bank charges you $12 for your debit card, I guess that is a reflection on what kind of bank these people run.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2009 12:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wood-Forest-National-Bank/winston-salem-North-Carolina-/Wood-Forest-National-Bank-Insane-fees-winston-salem-North-Carolina-505193. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wood Forest National Bank