Complaint Review: Woodfield High School

• Submitted: Fri, September 14, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, September 15, 2012

• Reported By: Kayla Kipp — North Port Florida United States of America
Woodfield High School

Woodfield High School Received my GED from them, they said that I would be able to use it to enter any college but no college will take it and that this degree is fraud. They said that if no college would take it i would b , Internet

*Consumer Comment: GED

*Consumer Comment: Did you read their terms and conditions?

Woodfield High School said that I could get my GED and that I would be able to use it at any college.  I paid the fee and and took the test and past, when I received my GED I was so proud.  I just tried to enter a beauty school and found out that my GED is not real.  I have tried quite a few times to talk to someone about this but they just keep hanging up on me.  The school said that if any school would not take my Ged they would refund my money back, but that is a lie.  I would like my money back but if that can't happen I would really like that site to be taken down because I know how it feels to have your hard earned money taken away from you and get nothing.  All I ever wanted was my GED, I really do not want any one else ripped off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2012 05:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Woodfield-High-School/internet/Woodfield-High-School-Received-my-GED-from-them-they-said-that-I-would-be-able-to-use-it-941414. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Woodfield High School

GED

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

General Equivalency Diplomas are granted by STATE Departments of Education.  In Florida, the DOE has an official website:  http://ged.fldoe.org/

Did you read their terms and conditions?

AUTHOR: MovingForward - (USA)

Not that I agree with what they do, but the school isn't accreditated anywhere according to their very own terms and conditions.  This is what they state right on their website (in the terms):

You agree that the diplomas  obtained from the High School  are in accordance with the private accreditation institutes with which they are  affiliated.  These standards do not  necessarily coincide with requirements of any other Accreditation authority.  (including, for example, those in the U.S., Canada, Europe, South America, or  otherwise).

I think its a shame that many of the private for-profit schools prey on people that don't read the entire agreement before they send in their funds or sign their name to a contract. But look at this as a lesson learned because there are many of these type "schools" that do the exact same thing. You would be better off getting your GED through your county's school system. That way you know its legitmate.