Complaint Review: Woodforest National Bank

• Updated: Wed, August 28, 2013

• Reported By: Xavier — brunswick Ohio
Woodforest National Bank
Cleveland, Ohio USA

Woodforest National Bank An employee illegally opened 2-3 checking accts in my name, Money from my active accounts were put in these accts and then closed, Cleveland Ohio

*UPDATE Employee: Woodforest Customer Service

I opened my Woodforest checking acct at the Bedford Hts branch in 2011. Someone at that branch opened another checking and closed the previous one. I didnt realize the numbers on the acct had changed, until this year when my check book was stolen and I went into the Strongsville Ohio location to close what I thought was the original account number and they said that the account number had changed,.There were also another account that was opened without my authorization, that appeared to be opened briefly, then closed. I opened the new account with much less than should have been in my account. let me also say that my bank information had been stolen by two individuals, not smart enough to attempt to open an account, but they had been using my cards at various places. I have filed several disputes with the bank and they have not returned any money. I have spoken to the managers, dispute resolution and fraud. I have absolutely no money to go back to the banks to follow up. They will not investigate the illegal opening of these checking accounts, except to say that someone may have keyed in a wrong number.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2013 07:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Woodforest-National-Bank/Cleveland-Ohio-44146/Woodforest-National-Bank-An-employee-illegally-opened-2-3-checking-accts-in-my-name-Mone-1079388. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Woodforest National Bank

Woodforest Customer Service

AUTHOR: Woodforest Customer Service - ()

At Woodforest, we take every concern seriously and make every effort to resolve issues promptly. If you would please send me your contact information, we would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you. If you prefer, please contact our Customer Care department at 1-888-224-0132. We look forward to speaking with you soon.