Complaint Review: Woodforest National Bank

• Submitted: Wed, April 06, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, April 06, 2011

• Reported By: ski3457 — Denver Colorado United States of America
Woodforest National Bank
P.O. Box 8339 (10406 Lake Rd. Houston, TX 77070) The Woodlands, Texas United States of America

Woodforest National Bank Merchants Choice Payment Services Terms & Conditions changed without notice The Woodlands, Texas

They changed the Terms & Conditions of our contract without proper notice.  The new Terms & Conditions extended the term of the contract by one year and increased the early termination fee.

I assume they changed everyone's Terms & Conditions without proper notice as called for by the same Terms & Conditions - perhaps the makings of a good class action lawsuit.

I canceled my contract  by giving proper notice in writing in accordance with the original Terms & Conditions that were part of my contract.

I sent them a letter explaining their mistake to which they never responded.
They attempted to withdraw the early termination fee from my bank account - I rejected it.
Recently they turned it over for collection - I have contested it.  I have yet to hear from them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2011 11:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Woodforest-National-Bank/The-Woodlands-Texas-77387-8339/Woodforest-National-Bank-Merchants-Choice-Payment-Services-Terms-Conditions-changed-with-714568. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Woodforest National Bank