Complaint Review: Wood's Tax Service

• Reported By: Screwed — Riverside California
Wood's Tax Service
3501 Adams Street Riverside, California United States of America

Wood's Tax Service Marcia Woods Death and Taxes Riverside, California

Where do I start...Went to appt. with Marcia Woods to do taxes for myself and my son.  Charged me $315.00 for both for doing it the basic simple short form.  Got home and noticed my sons returns had the Wrong Last Name on it.  Strike 1.  She put the name of my street as his last name.  She had already filed them electronically, so I doubt he will get his refund.  Next, she calls and says my husbands SS# is wrong and my returns were rejected.  She entered the wrong SS #.  Strike 2. I look over the forms she sent me home with (my copies) and then looked at the paper she needed my husbands signature on and the numbers are completely different. $200.00 difference. Instead of owing  1,700 I now owe 1,900.  I call her and tell her the numbers are different , she says oh, I forgot to change my screen back to your returns after we calculated taxes for next year. She electronicly sent the wrong returns, even though she didn't have the authorization form signed by my husband yet. Strike 3.  The last thing anyone  wants is to have the IRS on their ass, and she is sending up red flags on me left and right.  I WILL NEVER GO BACK.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2013 07:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Woods-Tax-Service/Riverside-California-92504/Woods-Tax-Service-Marcia-Woods-Death-and-Taxes-Riverside-California-1038939. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wood's Tax Service