Complaint Review: WordSmart

• Updated: Thu, February 27, 2014

• Reported By: Micky — Denver Colorado
WordSmart
Internet USA

WordSmart Misleading Salespeople get tell you there is no obligation, only to charge you if you don't call and cancel internet

I was contacted by Wordsmart with regards to getting my child ready for the SAT/ACT tests.  The said that there program was being offered at a discount price.  I was interested as long as there was no long term obligation.  The salesman was very quick worded, and talked over me a couple of times.  I asked many times, is there any obligation.  The explained that as long as I called back once my student had started the package, there would be no additional fee.  Well, that wasn't true.  They charge me 9.95 and 49.95 twice, once for January, once for February.  When I called back, they revied my call, and stated that the salesman was clear, and that there would be no refund, but they would send me some other products for free if I would be interested.  I just said cancel me please, and no thank you and hung up.

My main complaint was the nature of the language of the salesman on the phone.  Very well crafted to mislead.  Which is ashame as this is for students.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2014 09:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WordSmart/internet/WordSmart-Misleading-Salespeople-get-tell-you-there-is-no-obligation-only-to-charge-you-1126971. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WordSmart