Complaint Review: Wordsmart

• Submitted: Sat, June 28, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, June 28, 2008

• Reported By:Elmhurst New York
Wordsmart
10025 Mesa Rim Rd. San Diego, California U.S.A.

Wordsmart 30 days trial? San Diego California

I purchased the wordsmart product b/c I am preparing to take the GRE exam. It's $14.95 for 30 days trial and if I decided to keep it, three payments of $94.99. I was charged for the $14.95 but I didn't receive any product, so, I sent them an e-mail stating clearly that I want to cancel the order, and that they have to return the money back.

After a few weeks I received an invoice stating that my credit card was charged for the first payment of$94.99 when I hadn't recieved the product yet. My husband contact them and their answer was "no refund, b/c 30 days have passed already", and that it was our fault not to keep in touch with them when we noticed that we haven't recieved the product. No return the package because anyway I would have to pay for it. However we returned the unponened box, and i applied to a dispute with my bank.

They returned the first payment to my account, and I was advised by the bank to change my credit card. This week i received a letter from Wordsmart stating that they wil report me to a collection agency, since my credit card was declined. They are very rude people, they don't keep records of the conversations, or status of the account. I am still in dispute, we'll see what happens.

Lucy
Elmhurst, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2008 05:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wordsmart/San-Diego-California-92121/Wordsmart-30-days-trial-San-Diego-California-345260. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wordsmart