Complaint Review: Wordsoflife

• Updated: Sat, November 03, 2012

• Reported By: Paul — Fingal Bay Other Australia
Wordsoflife
Alvord St. Hamilton, Illinois United States of America

Wordsoflife The Real Estate Writer Paid $1,500 as 1st instalment for Real Estate Manual. Was due April 11. Received absolutely zero and now disappeared. Hamilton, Illinois

*Author of original report: Yes But

*Consumer Comment: ?

Earlier this year I hired Ken Speegle, from Wordsoflife, via Elance, to write a real estate manual for us. I foolishly paid Ken $1,500 up front and he agreed to have the manual ready by April 11, 2011.  After many stories about a sick daughter, Ken is now un-contactable, i.e. he's taken the $1,500, produced absolutely zero and disappeared.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2011 11:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wordsoflife/Hamilton-Illinois-62330/Wordsoflife-The-Real-Estate-Writer-Paid-1500-as-1st-instalment-for-Real-Estate-Manual-732441. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wordsoflife

Yes But

AUTHOR: Paul - (Australia)

I understand that Ken had had some serious life issues but he promised to get going again and then disappeared.  He won't respond to any message and has finally refused to respond to Elance so Elance has cancelled the job.  There goes my $1,500!!

?

AUTHOR: ilimo77 - (United States of America)

I just want to say for what it's worth, I've also hired him through elance, and have worked on a couple projects with him.  I'm actually in the middle of a project with him now.  He's always been professional and great to work with.

I don't know about your particular situation, but I know that he did go through a couple challenges in his life last year (around the time you were working with him) that temporarily affected his business/ responsiveness with me also as a client...

However, I can say that he's always come through and always OVER delivered to make up for it, even though life events that sidetrack us are sometimes completely out of our control...  From what I know of him, he's a good guy, has the best intentions for his clients, it's not really fair that after years of honest work (I think over ten years writing for others?), a google result for his name pops up under "RIPOFF REPORT!"