Complaint Review: Work Info Center

• Updated: Tue, May 14, 2013

• Reported By: Crystal — Hutto Texas
Work Info Center
Internet USA

Work Info Center Deceptive marketing, credit card fraud, provides bogus leads Internet

*General Comment: Identity theft

I received a call from Work Info Center. It was an automated system with a recording:"We are looking for contractors in your area to perform work for our bank clients."

I was intriqued, as I have a background in property management and I know that banks legitamitely do use contractors to prepare foreclosures for resell. I now own a cleaning business and am looking to grow, so I spoke wth a live operator named Amber.

The pitch was simple:"We have tons of work in your area- enough to keep a contractor busy for months to come.... Every home needs cleaning before it can be placed on the market.... The process is simple- just pay $99 for your background check and once it's approved in three days, you'll get your first batch of work and we'll assign you jobs every week. They pay 200-500/job!"

I was very leary- asked MANY questions and Amber had a ready and reassuring answer for everything. I even mentioned that I had read about some negative experiences that others reported on this site. She assured me that the only people who didn't receive work were those who had failed to complete their profile.

So, I calculated the risk and decided to try it out.

Got my first batch of "LEADS" on the day that they were scheduled. How silly I felt when I looked at the leads and quickly realized they are not legitimate. Firstly, they are not targeted to my industry- I was told I would ONLY receive leads for the line of work that I signed up for on my profile (cleaning only, not landscaping or handy man work). They did say that there may be some leads from the private sector but my main source of leads would be banks. The leads I received were not from banks-not one of them. Additionally, the only contact information provided for these "leads" was email addresses with weird URL's- no phone numbers, no addresses.... To test their legitimacy, I sent emails to all of them and they were all returned back to me, undeliverable.

What banks does Work Info Center represent? "30 different ones" of course- too many to name. (Because these so called bank clients are non-existent.)

Their scam is actually quite clever- they do not promise you work, they promise you leads. And it is nearly impossible to prove that the leads are false. I called, almost jokingly, to request a refund- knowing that it wouldn't get me anywhere. I was immediately and rudely transferred to a voice mail for "support department."

Don't fall for it. They profit off of the $99 fees they collect and there is nothing to be gained for the contractor.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2013 12:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Work-Info-Center/internet/Work-Info-Center-Deceptive-marketing-credit-card-fraud-provides-bogus-leads-Internet-1050888. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Work Info Center

#1 General Comment

Identity theft

AUTHOR: Frank C - ()

Yeah, and beware, they took all your personnel information like your social number, bank account number and routing number, whatever info you gave them when you registered with these crooks.... File a claim with the attorney general, I did, they need to be stopped. This is serioud stuff, they will sell your info to other crooks, you better close the account you gave them when you paid the $99. Keep a look out on you credit report.