Complaint Review: Work Out World

• Reported By: Paul — Toms River, NJ New Jersey
Work Out World
Route 130 Robbinsville, New Jersey USA

Work Out World Quitting is nearly impossible BEWARE Robbinsville New Jersey

I decided to quit work out world about 6 months ago having originally signed up for one year at a higher price than the 2 year membership.I was amember for over a year and they took their payment out of the credit card on file the first of each month. I downloaded the special form they required in order to quit, filled it out and sent it certified mail to the office they instructed .I knew they would not be able to continue billing me because I had just replaced an expired card with a new credit card that they didnt have the number for. I thouhght everything was taken care of till today 6 months later.

I received a letter from their lawyer saying I owed $349.00.When I called the lawyer, I was told that they get a lot of complaints like mine. I carried the receipt for the certified letter around in my wallet a couple months, but no longer have it. Work Out World never contacted me saying hey whats up, we can't get your payment. I threw my old key card away, havent been there in over 6 months, and thought everything was taken care of. I figured people complained because they make it so hard to quit,  but even when you jump through hoops to quit, they don't let you. Do not join if you are smart. You will regret it.At this point I don't even know my old membership number, and just want to warn any other unsuspecting patrons. Be careful.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2013 07:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Work-Out-World/Robbinsville-New-Jersey/Work-Out-World-Quitting-is-nearly-impossible-BEWARE-Robbinsville-New-Jersey-1050036. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Work Out World