plot

• Submitted: Mon, June 22, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, June 22, 2009

• Reported By:tinton falls New Jersey
Work Out World
2345 Route 66 Ocean Tinton Falls, New Jersey U.S.A.

Work Out World - WORK OUT WORLD TERRIBLE TO TRY TO CANCEL MEMBERSHIP MANY LOCATION Stinton Falls New Jersey

I joined Work Out World in 2006. I was happy with how clean the gym was and stayed for a couple of years. I decided to quit because new comers were getting a better deal than me, although they did say the would lower my dues after the way they treated me I decided to quit for good. First off when I went into the gym to ask for the form to quit they told me I had to go on line. Second of all the way the form is written up is in "Cult form" and I had to send it certified mail. After all that they did not acknowledge receipt of the letter when they clearly received it. They apparently can charge you for 3 months after you cancel, thats their cancellation fee, however when I heard that other people had trouble cancelling and then they were charged past the 3 months, I took action and cancelled my bank account and opened a new one. By the way their yearly renewal fee was not on the contract and they charged me for a couple of years when it was not really something they should of done. Now I won't rejoin in 6 months or so, or Ever. Save yourselves some headaches join a different gym and check this site and the BBB before you sign your life away.

Mary
tinton falls, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2009 06:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Work-Out-World/Tinton-Falls-New-Jersey-07724/Work-Out-World-WORK-OUT-WORLD-TERRIBLE-TO-TRY-TO-CANCEL-MEMBERSHIP-MANY-LOCATION-Stinton-463570. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Work Out World