dried

• Submitted: Fri, September 23, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, September 07, 2006

• Reported By:Oklahoma City Oklahoma
Works & Lentz
3030 NW Expressway, Suite 225 Oklahoma City, Oklahoma U.S.A.

Works & Lentz Payment plan NOT honored. Milking their clients. RIPOFF Oklahoma City Oklahoma

*Consumer Comment: Going through the same thing...

*Consumer Comment: Same Situation

First and foremost this is a doctor bill that this "attorney" has been collecting on. We were served, Went to court and made payment arrangments with the "firm". Made our payments which were $100 a month on this >1500 debt.

We were paying on time, Every time up until we moved which we informed them we were doing. The month of August was a transition for us, But we kept in contact with this "firm".

We had gave them our new address and work numbers, Along with august payment explaining our hardship. They promptly cashed our check and the next day went to file for "continuing postjudgment earnings garnishment summons".

This was after paying for 6 MONTHS of payments. Thus not only charging US attorneys fees (which are regulated thank God) But in turn charging their client again.

This is from public record:
RECEIPT # 2005-1270037 ON 09/14/2005.
PAYOR: WORKS AND LENTZ INC TOTAL AMOUNT PAID: $ 76.00.
LINE ITEMS:
SC-2005-2840: $55.00 ON AC01 CLERK FEES.
SC-2005-2840: $1.00 ON AC31 COURT CLERK REVOLVING FUND.
SC-2005-2840: $10.00 ON AC69 CHILD ABUSE MULTIDISCIPLINARY FEE.
SC-2005-2840: $10.00 ON AC79 OCIS REVOLVING FUND.

Just really curioous as to how much they charge their client for yet another court "appearance".

We have made numerous calls to them only to be connected to their "account reps" which I am assuming are interns. They will NOT let you speak to the ACTUAL attorney, But only put you off thinking that you are a "mad person indebt".

Having spoken to a family member that practices law in San Antonio, He was pretty suprised that they could get away with all of this borderline "criminal" activity.

Sure, They are a debt collector (in which we DO owe and are willing to PAY), But WHY pretend to be a lawyer and nickel and dime your clients? If Mr. Lentz is a member of the Oklahoma Trial Lawyers Association, How would they look upon this?? We shall see.

I have had lots of people contact me in other forums about their practices towards them as well. Next step is to contact the Attorney General with their practices.

Jay
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2005 08:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Works-Lentz/Oklahoma-City-Oklahoma-73112/Works-Lentz-Payment-plan-NOT-honored-Milking-their-clients-RIPOFF-Oklahoma-City-Oklaho-158155. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Works & Lentz

Going through the same thing...

AUTHOR: Robin - (U.S.A.)

When they first called me back in December 2005, they wanted to make arrangements but Laura (the person I spoke with) said she would call back after the holidays. They had my home, cell, and work number. I was more than willing to work with them. She called me back in February 2006. I told her that I was willing to pay $100 per month and all I wanted was for her to send me the agreement in writing for my records. "Oh no, ma'am. We have no way of doing that. If you will just give me your bank account number, we'll debit it monthly."

I explained very nicely how that will not work. I do not give out my bank info (a) over the phone and (b) to someone that will drain it dry. I was born at night but it wasn't last night. I offered again to do $100 per month and for her to just send me something in writing...again, I was told that they couldn't do that. I'm sorry, but since when did the ability to produce something in paper go away? I asked her to call me at home, then, where I could record the conversation. She couldn't do that either.

They served me about 10 days later. I went to court and the judge ordered me to pay $75 per month instead of $100 per month. I didn't get to tell the court what I thought of them...that's probably a good thing.

Same Situation

AUTHOR: Jess - (U.S.A.)

I know this is an old report, however, it looks like I am headed down the same path. I received several letters from Works and Lentz regarding a hospital bill that is almost a year old now.

I contacted them and asked about the debt in question because I had no recent hospital visits. They informed me of the date and hospital name, then I realized what it was for, which as I said has been almost a year ago.

Then the next thing I know they are calling us almost daily. My wife has been taking the phone calls because I work during the day. She told me that the representative from the "firm" said that she talked to me before and I had agreed to pay it back.

I know for sure that I have never spoken to this company at all. So my wife believed the representative and thought that I intended to pay it. When she asked to make a payment plan the rep told her that they would need $200.00 up front before they could work anything out.

I just started my new job a few weeks ago and have not had my first paycheck yet. My wife told her we could not make that large of a payment yet. At that time we were struggling to pay our normal bills and rent. I have a one year old and while I was between jobs we have been struggling.

The rep said that we had until "Friday" which was 2 days away to pay the $200. The rep became rude and told my wife we should ask family or use a credit card or find "other means" to pay them. My wife pleaded with her and told her we would not have the funds available for a few more weeks.

The phone call ended with the rep saying that a lawsuit would be filed on Friday at 2 PM if they did not receive the payment. The rep stated that they would go after my wages and they would add all their court costs. Any advice would be appreciated on this. I can't afford much right now and I don't want to get scammed by this company!