Complaint Review: World Benefits - Financial Benefits - Global Benefits

• Updated: Wed, February 18, 2004

• Reported By:Dunedin Florida
World Benefits - Financial Benefits - Global Benefits
100A Walnut D15 Champlain NY 12919 Toronto, Ontario Canada

World Benefits, Global Benefits, Financial Benefits ripoff promised a credit card with a $2000.00 limit from Wells Fargo,or Bank of America Champlain New York *UPDATE ...World Benefits working hard to correct problems in customer service, offering refunds, company executives want all customers to be 100% satisfied *EDitor's UPDATE!

*Author of original report: Got a Refund as promised By World Benefits, thanks ripoff report for our help

*Author of original report: told by Mr. Richards that I would receive a refund of $269.00

*Author of original report: notified the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office

*Author of original report: refund coming

CLICK HERE to see how World Benefits contacts Rip-off Report, stating they will give REFUNDS to unsatisfied customers.

I have been scamed by a company called World Benefits, and also called Global Benefits. I was misled by an employee called Dave Arthur; his phone number is 1-866-933-0388-Ext.25, he said I would receive a Visa card from either Bank of America or Wells Fargo Bank. The credit card was to have a low interest rate of less than 10% and a credit limit of $2000.00.

After a company named Financial Benefits withdrew $299.00 form my checking account on Dec.08-03. I heard nothing until 2 months later, Jan.04, and later that month received a portfolio of worthless papers from Financial Benefits and NO Visa card as described by the reresentative I talked with on the telephone. I have tried to call the company several times, and if I do happen to get someone, they have NO idea what I am talking about and give me another 800 number to call.

I finally did contact someone named Curtis Wise. He asked for my phone nunber, which I sent him and someone named Bob Richards told me to return my package they had sent me and amend my letter to Ripoffreports and then they would refund $269.00. I told him I would, but then E-mailed Curtis Wise and asked him why I would be shorted $30.00 of my own money-It's been a couple of days,still no contact. No response. I did use the ripoffreports address as instructed when contacting World Benefits.

Timothy
Dunedin, Florida

EDitor's UPDATE info:
Rip-off Report has been contacted by the owners of the company, they said those who have asked for refunds should see them no later than Monday morning or sooner. Credit to your account can takes 4 to 5 days to actually hit your account ,

They again apologized for the delay. We'll see. Rip-off Report is hoping they will live up to what they have promised, we think they will. SO you know, Rip-off Report has confirmed 73 refunds so far, and we know there should be many more. Rip-off Report is investigating more on this situation, and we will be posting an UPDATE to the main Report at this web address https://www.ripoffreport.com/view.asp?id=76605

Please be patient, we can only tell you what they are telling us.

ED Magedson
EDitor@RipoffReport.com
badbusinessbureau.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2004 06:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/World-Benefits-Financial-Benefits-Global-Benefits/Toronto-Ontario/World-Benefits-Global-Benefits-Financial-Benefits-ripoff-promised-a-credit-card-with-a--79956. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on World Benefits - Financial Benefits - Global Benefits

AUTHOR: Timothy - (U.S.A.)

I received a refund into my account for $269.00 as promised by World Benefits today-Feb-17-04--I am very grateful that Ripoffreport helped with this problem,,,and they exist--I don't know what I would have done to get this refund back--I am planning to send a donation to Ripoffreports--Thank you,,

told by Mr. Richards that I would receive a refund of $269.00

AUTHOR: Timothy - (U.S.A.)

I mailed my "credit card package" as instructed by both Mr. Curtis Wise and Mr. Bob Richards to the Champlain NY adrress, of Financial Benefits----, by UPS--this was Thursday, FEB-12-04--I was told by Mr. Richards that I would receive a refund of $269.00---, because of their $30.00 "transaction fee"----I am taking NO more chances on this--the package was sent, and requires a signature---Mr. Richards said "send it back regular mail"----so he can call me and tell me that they never recived it???!!! Not a chance---

notified the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office

AUTHOR: Timothy - (U.S.A.)

Just for the record, I have notified the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office about his matter and they are interested in how World Benefits handles this matter in seeing that I get my money refunded--otherwise it will be turned over to the Office Special Investigations Unit---

refund coming

AUTHOR: Timothy - (U.S.A.)

I had an E-mail this morning from a person named Curtis Wise, from World Benefits--he in formed me that the $30.00 deducted from my original $299.00 taken from my checking account for this credit card scam was a transaction fee --and not going towards the company---a fellow named Bob Richards gave me the price of a refund at $269.00---I agreed to send back the material they sent me---and, end this bad business experience---