Complaint Review: World Benefits United Benefits

• Submitted: Wed, March 24, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, March 30, 2004

• Reported By:Lubbock Texas
World Benefits United Benefits
myworldofbenefits.com Champlain, New York U.S.A.

United Benefits World Benefits This company stole $299.00 from my account promising a credit card with a $4,000 limit. I received no card, no correspondance- nothing. They just took my money. Champlain New York *UPDATE .. World Benefits contacts Rip-off Report. REFUNDS will be given to unsatisfied customers *EDitor's UPDATE 2-20-04!

*Consumer Comment: Supposedly, I will receive a refund in 10 days

*Author of original report: Contact Email @ World Benefits Full .*EDitor's comment ..New contact info

*Consumer Comment: Please close your checking account, this company may hit you with another charge of $299.00!!!

EDitor's UPDATED info 2-20-04: Rip-off Report is still receiving complaints that they are not receiving the refunds as promised. Rip-off Report has been in contact with the Company and has made them aware of these issues. They have assured us that refunds are being given to those who are providing them with all the correct contact information requested by them. They have also provided confirmation/proof of over 2,600 refunds to date, on a spreadsheet, and Rip-off Report staff called and verified more than a dozen consumers at random, all very angry & outraged, but, they all did get their refund. The company again apologized for the delay and reported that credit to your account could take as long as 4-5 days. As we understand it, this company only does the processing for all the other companies, so they are at the mercy of those companies funds, further delaying your refund.

Rip-off Report is hoping they will live up to what they have promised, we think they will, ..we'll see. Rip-off Report will continue to investigate more into this situation, and we will eventually post an UPDATE to the main Report at this web address: https://www.ripoffreport.com/view.asp?id=76605

Please be patient, we can only tell you what they are telling us.

ED Magedson
EDitor@RipoffReport.com
badbusinessbureau.com

CLICK HERE to see how World Benefits contacted Rip-off Report, stating they will give REFUNDS to unsatisfied customers.

This company contacted me after online queries about credit cards. I was in the process of improving my rating and wanted a card to pay off every month in order to build credit. Since my credit rating is not the best, I was told that I would have to pay a fee of $299.00 and that the card I would receive was issued by Visa. These people called me repeatedly at work to ask if I wanted their card or not. After rejections from other creditors I decided this would be my only means of obtaining a credit card. The amount was electronically deducted from my account February 9, 2004. Since then,(the date is now March 24) I have received nothing- no credit card and no correspondence of any kind. They simply took money from my account and vanished. Their phone number is no longer in operation, but even when I did call there was never an answer. There was only a recording of their office hours. I am outraged. As a young college student who also works full-time, I cannot afford to give $300.00 away for nothing.

Stephanie
Lubbock, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2004 10:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/World-Benefits-United-Benefits/Champlain-New-York/United-Benefits-World-Benefits-This-company-stole-29900-from-my-account-promising-a-cred-85178. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on World Benefits United Benefits

Supposedly, I will receive a refund in 10 days

AUTHOR: Lisa - (U.S.A.)

I was able to reach a customer service representative today with this latest number given. Supposedly, I will receive a refund in 10 days, we will see and I will post if I do or do not receive the refund.

Contact Email @ World Benefits Full .*EDitor's comment ..New contact info

AUTHOR: Stephanie - (U.S.A.)

The email address provided by World Benefits for refund requests is full and cannot accept new messages. There is no other means given to contact these people. Obviously their promise to rectify this situation and give refunds to unsatisfied customers was also false.

AUTHOR: Lisa - (U.S.A.)

Please close your checking account. This company now has your checking account information and may try to debit it again as they did to mine. I have tried to email World Wide through the information provided by rip-off, but it was returned and the phone number that they provided does not work either. We were scammed badly unfortunately. Lets hope the authorities indict some of the people connected to this scam for fraud.