Complaint Review: World Benefits

• Updated: Thu, December 04, 2003

• Reported By:hopewell Virginia
World Benefits
Worldbenefits.myprogrambenefits.com Nationwide U.S.A.

World Benefits - Superior Benefits trying to get $299.oo to consolidate and help repair credit no fees ripoff Internet *UPDATE ..World Benefits working harder to avoid employee & customer misunderstandings, company executives want all customers to be 100% satisfied, refunds offered

*UPDATE Employee: Pay Attention To What You're Agreeing To

*Consumer Comment: Ripoff by Superior Benefit credit card ..call your bank and do the same before a withdrawal is made.

i was contacted via cell phone about an application that was filed on line with this company,to help repair credit by using card with no interest rates, no finance charges and a limit of 2000.00. when trying to visit website to get info on company, web site is non-responsive. that is when i saw complaints about bad business. i am trying to get in contact with this company before money comes out of my checking account on 11/22/2003. if anyone has a working number please post it asap. thank you

Simone
Hopewell, Virginia

CLICK HERE to see how World Benefits contacts Rip-off Report to give REFUNDS to unsatisfied customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2003 08:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/World-Benefits/nationwide/World-Benefits-Superior-Benefits-trying-to-get-299oo-to-consolidate-and-help-repair-cr-72418. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on World Benefits

Pay Attention To What You're Agreeing To

AUTHOR: Mary - (U.S.A.)

I work for the company World Benefits as one of their customer service representatives. Recently I received a call from a potential client who wanted to inquire about the program and they mentioned that they had read from the web that our company was not legitimate. They gave me the address to this website and I looked it up. I have read most of these complaints and find them all to be extremely misleading. What we do is not illegal. When we call people and sell them our program, you have to be put on a recorded verification for your protection, and obviously, as well as ours. All of our terms are clearly stated on the recording (your verbal contract) and if you don't pay attention to what is being said, then that is absolutely not our responsibility. If you agree to something we say on the phone, especially when we tell you that you are on a recorded line, don't say "yes" if you don't know what you're talking about. If you don't understand something that is being said, don't agree to it! All of these complaints are from people who haven't paid attention to what they were doing. Our company is legitimate. Do you sign a contract before reading it? And if you do, and there's a term on that paper you didn't know about, can you blame the company for your own oversight? NO. The same principle goes for a verbal contract with a company, ANY company. My advice to you people is to never say "yes" to anything you don't understand. Of course you won't be happy with the results.

AUTHOR: Noel - (U.S.A.)

I was contacted by telephone by a representative, Michelle, from Superior Benefits. After listening to her lengthy speech about all the benefits of the credit card, she requested bank information to deduct a one-time fee of $299 by a certain date. I declined the offer at that time and she stated that she would call back at a later date. The address and phone number she gave me was for the same New York address everyone else has listed, but my caller ID states Toronto, Canada. I was worried about the fact that she had my bank's name and address, so I called the bank and put a password on the account. Unless the password is given, no money may be taken out of the account. Just wanted to pass this advice on to anyone else, in case you want to call your bank and do the same before a withdrawal is made.