containing

• Updated: Sat, September 01, 2012

• Reported By: angryhiker — Los Angeles California United States of America
World Bike Quito Ecuador
Internet Ecuador

World Bike Quito Ecuador Rafael Martinez, Angela Palacios, Nathy Martinez, Cristina Martinez Inappropriate, Shady, Unprofessional, Rude, Bad Company Quito Ecuador, Internet

I went with World Bike when I visited Ecuador for hiking and biking tours. First of all, they way overcharge for tours, and you do not get what you pay for.  I paid in advance.  When I arrived in Ecuador I did not get picked up from the airport as promised. I had to take a cab trying to give the address in broken Spanish. I should have run the other way right there but I decided to give it a try.

Once the tour got under way, on the second day the tour guide Rafael Martinez started making extremely inappropriate and sexually suggestive passes at me. I was offended and told him he was being inappropriate. He got enraged and left me alone for a whole day on the side of a mountain. I was getting bitten by huge bugs, freezing and hungry. The bike I was rented was busted.

The tours we went on were crowded with other people. After it was all over I wrote a letter to Angela Palacios, manager of the company and Rafaels wife, detailing the actions of her husband. The response I got from Angela Palacios was rude and condescending, blaming me for what went wrong. Overall it was a scary and miserable experience and I will make sure to go with a more reputable company if I ever dare to do this tour again. This whole experience was traumatizing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2012 11:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/World-Bike-Quito-Ecuador/internet/World-Bike-Quito-Ecuador-Rafael-Martinez-Angela-Palacios-Nathy-Martinez-Cristina-Martin-935755. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on World Bike Quito Ecuador