Complaint Review: World Camera, Inc

• Reported By: westwoodrick — Chicago Illinois United States of America
World Camera, Inc
101 Jefferson St San Francisco, California United States of America

World Camera, Inc Camera Equipment Sales San Francisco, California

During a recent trip to Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco, I was in need of a battery charger for my digital camera. I stopped in World Camera, Inc and they seemed very nice and helpful. Once I had the charger I decided on, the salesman complimented me on the camera I had and wanted to show me a special lens that would improve my telephoto pictures.

I guess I should have been more alert when he dropped the price down from $399 to $350 right away. As I hesitated, he dropped the price down to $300. As I continued to hesitate he made me the offer of $300 for the lens and the charger. It seemed like a good deal so I went ahead and made the purchase. Stupid me!

Now, after returning home I find out the same lens can be purchased just about anyplace for under $50. I called World Camera, Inc and told them that I feel I was cheated. The person I spoke with told me my salesman wasn't in but call back tomorrow when he is working. Something tells me this will be a big waste of time but I will make the attempt.

I don't expect I will get any reduction in my credit card payment but at least I will have the satisfaction of letting World Camera, Inc know about what a terrible way the are doing business. I also sent a complaint to Saker, the lens manufacturer letting them know about this issue with World Camera, Inc.

My warning to all? Stay away from World Camera, Inc.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2012 12:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/World-Camera-Inc/San-Francisco-California-94133/World-Camera-Inc-Camera-Equipment-Sales-San-Francisco-California-833393. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on World Camera, Inc