Complaint Review: World Camera, Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, December 30, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, December 30, 2008

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
World Camera, Inc.
101 Jefferson Street San Francisco, California U.S.A.

World Camera, Inc. Tricksters, scammers, on unsuspecting tourists ..Charged $1100.00 over value for cheap camera lenses and filters! San Francisco California

My husband and I were visiting Fisherman's Wharf and we stopped in World Camera,Inc. for filters for my camera. I had a nice older digital 35 mm. Canon but had no extras for it, nor knew current prices and gadgets available. I thought a camera store would have knowledge and expertise available and I was willing to pay extra for it. Unfortunately I got sold junk for 5x the value and most all was even wrong for my camera. I am so embarrassed and feel so violated. Of course they have a policy of no return and they won't return my call...refused the return package.

I went to a camera store near home and was told that the 1500.00 equipment was maybe worth 200 or 300.00. I don't know what to do but don't go in that store....do they move around? I can't believe that I am the only one who has been ripped off. And so badly!

Maggie
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2008 05:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/World-Camera-Inc/San-Francisco-California-94133/World-Camera-Inc-Tricksters-scammers-on-unsuspecting-tourists-Charged-110000-over-406414. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on World Camera, Inc.