Complaint Review: World Car

• Submitted: Mon, July 23, 2001
  • Updated: Mon, August 08, 2011

• Reported By:san antonio tx
World Car
12908 I.H. 35 North San Antonio, Texas U.S.A.

Nissan and World Car rip-offs pass the buck

*UPDATE Employee: We strive for 100% Satisfaction

*0: to ripoff revenge

*0: I want help to get a new paint job

*0: Wrong phone number for Performance Paint & Body

*0: Nissan mtrs contact reference number

April 18,2001 I bought a new Nissan Frontier from World car. I arrived at 7 A.M. to get the best price on a sales leader in the newspaper. The ad truck was hidden in the back of the dealership and had about 1/4 an inch of bird poop on the hood and roof. I bought the truck. I did notice small spots on the hood but I attributed them to water spots not wiped off. The spots became larger as the weeks went by.

By July 9 the spots were grainy and had burned into the paint. I returned to World Car and was told to take my truck to their off premises body and paint shop, Performance Body & Paint(210-590-6865),and to speak to the paint shop manager, Caeser. Doug Deangelo at World car,(210-599-5916), said they would do whatever Caeser decided doing about the spots on my truck. Caeser examined the spots and said they were caused by bird poop but he added that for this much depth the bird droppings had to have been there at least 6 months. I have owned this truck only 2 1/2 months. I reported this information to Doug at World car and he told me their service mgr. Mr. Garza said this damage was not their responsibility and to take it up with Nissan mtrs.

I contacted Nissan mtrs. at 1-800-nissan1 and spoke with a Ms. Winter. She listened to my story as stated and after several days she contacted me with the news that this was not their responsibility.

I recontacted World car and spoke to Mr. Garza. I told him I was going to carry a large sign in the back of my truck stating that my truck has defective paint and neither Nissan mtrs. or World car will warrantee it. He acted as if he did not give a d**n. I also told Ms. Winter at Nissan mtrs. the same thing. I believe the damage was caused by bird poop left on the truck for an extended time prior to my purchase.

I discovered this truck has an inspection sticker on the windshield dated Sept. 1999. This supports Caeser at the paint shop that the damage is at least 6 months old. This truck must have been sitting with bird poop on the hood and roof since Sept. 1999. The surface of the paint appears to have come off. This would be conclusive with damage from bird poop never being washed off for 6 months.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/World-Car/San-Antonio-Texas-78233/Nissan-and-World-Car-rip-offs-pass-the-buck-5853. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on World Car

We strive for 100% Satisfaction

AUTHOR: WorldCarRebuttal - (United States of America)

Worldcar strives to provide 100% customer satisfaction. I am sorry that you feel the vehicle you bought was not 100% perfect. We have full time employees that wash all cars at every location. We feel we are currently providing the best warranty service in San Antonio in 2011. We hope you are still enjoying your frontier. We also hope that this incident hasn't spoiled your feelings about Nissan vehicles or Worldcar customer care.

#2 0

to ripoff revenge

AUTHOR: - ()

Contact me with a quote on how much this will cost to make Nissan or World Car repaint my truck.Do not do anything until I get a price on your services.Brian Burgess

#3 0

I want help to get a new paint job

AUTHOR: - ()

To rip off revenge;I want help to get a new paint job.

#4 0

Wrong phone number for Performance Paint & Body

The corrected phone number for Performance Body & Paint is 210-654-1133

#5 0

Nissan mtrs contact reference number

The reference number for this incident at Nissan mtrs. is 3484010