• Report: #190878

• Submitted: Wed, May 10, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, June 16, 2006

• Reported By:Tuscaloosa Alabama
World Class Ink
47 South Broad Street, Woodbury NJ 08096 Woodbury, New Jersey U.S.A.

World Class Ink ripoff Sent a defective ink cartridge. Replaced it with another defective cartridge. I returned both. They won't refund my money. Woodbury New Jersey

*Author of original report: World Class Ink Refunds Money

I ordered a generic ink cartridge for my Lexmark 1020 printer. The cartridge was defective. My printer would not even operate with the cartridge inserted.

I notified them that I was returning the cartridge, and they asked if I wanted a refund or replacement. I said a replacement would be fine. They sent a replacement and a prepaid postage slip for the return of the defective cartridge.

The replacement was also defective in the exact same way as the original. The printer would not operate at all. I returned the original cartridge AND the replacement cartridge by return mail (the day after receiving the replacement cartridge) using their prepaid postage slip. I wrote them a letter and inserted it into the package.

I also emailed them and told them that both cartridges were being returned and that I had included a letter explaining the situation. That time I asked for a refund of my money AND the original postage since I had paid for priority mailing, (2-3 days) and they shipped regular mail. The package didn't arrive for five business days.

They have not responded to several emails asking for the refund, and in the last email I outlined the steps I was going to take if they refused to refund the money including reporting them to the USPS. Now I'm taking those steps.

Mary
Tuscaloosa, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2006 12:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/World-Class-Ink/Woodbury-New-Jersey-08096/World-Class-Ink-ripoff-Sent-a-defective-ink-cartridge-Replaced-it-with-another-defective-190878. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on World Class Ink

World Class Ink Refunds Money

AUTHOR: Mary - (U.S.A.)

After reporting this company to you, I engaged the services of the onlineBBB and notified World Class Ink that I had taken both actions. The onlineBBB routed me to the NJ branch of the BBB. They got involved and contacted World Class Ink.

Soon after that,(a week or two) I received a notice from BBB along with a reply form World Class Ink that they had refunded my money minus postage. I checked my records, and sure enough, the money had been returned. I was satisfied with that and took no further action.