thousands

• Submitted: Sun, June 26, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, June 26, 2005

• Reported By:Glen Burnie Maryland
World College - Cleveland Institute Of Electronics
1176 East 17th Street Cleveland, Ohio U.S.A.

World College - Cleveland Institute Of Electronics threatens former students who already paid tuition fees Cleveland Ohio

I originally signed up with World College (they are affliated with Cleveland Institute of Electronics) in late 2004. I did a little less than half of the assignments for the first corse and decided to withdraw from the school.

It wasn't what I was expecting and I thought it was a bit overpriced. In May 2005 I officially withdrew from World College. They sent me an acknowledgement and said that by June 21st I had to send the first part of the cancellation fee.

I sent the first part of the fee at the end of May 2005. They cashed the check in the first week of June 2005. I sent another check, to continue paying off the balance I owe in the second week of June 2005. They cashed the check a few days later, in June 2005.

Now it's June 26, 2005 and I receive a threatening letter from student services saying I never paid the first part of the fee that was due on June 21st. They claim they were turning my account over to a collection agency, even though I had already made 2 payments since my withdrawal.

I just sent them a certified letter with a copy of my bank statement showing the copy of the check sent to them and showing where they cashed the check. I can't wait for their response.

Avoid World College/Cleveland Institute of Electronics at all costs. If you withdraw from their program and pay everything in a timely matter, they will just send you threatening letters. I suppose they're angry with me because I withdrew from their program and now this is their "retaliation" by turning my account over to a collection agency.

Annoyed
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2005 06:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/World-College-Cleveland-Institute-Of-Electronics/Cleveland-Ohio-44114/World-College-Cleveland-Institute-Of-Electronics-threatens-former-students-who-already-p-147581. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on World College - Cleveland Institute Of Electronics