Complaint Review: World Com Wireless

• Submitted: Mon, August 12, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, August 12, 2002

• Reported By:Los Angeles CA
World Com Wireless
www.wireless.wcom.com Nederland, Texas U.S.A.

World Com Wireless ripoff discrepancy in billing could not provide bill statements Nederland Texas

I recieved a phone from worldcom wireless. None of the features worked such as call waiting, threeway, voicemail and caller I.D. I called the company to find out what was the problem and they kept telling me i was not in their system.

I moved and when I tried to call the company to change my address they kept telling me i was not in the system. Finally, I was able to change my address and when i recieved my bill it was an overdue notice saying I owed about 900 dollars. I did not understand how my first bill was and overdue bill and when i asked them did they have any other bills before that bill and they did not. My features on the phone that i listed above still did not work.

About three months later I continued to use the phone and I recieved a letter saying that they were having problems with billing. I did not recieve a bill for about 2 monthes and when i finally did my bill was well over a thousand dollars. I never recieved a bill showing the calls i made.

I was so disatisfied with my phone I decided to cut it off and pay the 200 dollars fee. World com wireless continued to send me bills charging me fees after the phone had been cut off. Even though my phone was cut off the amount of my bill continued to grow until it was about 3,600 dollars.

World com wireless sold my account to a third party collection agency, which meant my account was no longer the responsibility of worldcom wireless, but they still continued to bill me $50 dollars a month of taxes and late fees.

When I called the company to get the fees removed and find out why they were charging me fees no one could answer my questions, there was never a supervisor available and they kept sending me all over the place. when i asked for a copy of my bills to see why my bill was so high, all they sent me was an envelope full of blank papers.World com wanted me to pay them the 3,000+ and pay the third party collection agency.

I asked for a number to complain and they would not give me one. Now I have 3,600 dollar bill on my credit report and I don't have any records of the calls I made to make my bill so high.

Dionne
San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2002 09:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/World-Com-Wireless/Nederland-Texas-77627/World-Com-Wireless-ripoff-discrepancy-in-billing-could-not-provide-bill-statements-Nederla-26699. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on World Com Wireless