Complaint Review: World Educate A Child

• Submitted: Thu, January 10, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, January 10, 2013

• Reported By: mrpark01 — United States of America
World Educate A Child

World Educate A Child Applied for job, was sent probable bogus check, questioned check, no response, website gone. Internet

I was looking for employment and came across an ad on Craigslist for a virtual assistant position.  The position was with a company called world educate a child and caught my interest.  I emailed the company asking for more information because the ad and their website was sort of vague on the duties/requirements for the position.  I was told they would like to interview me and asked for my name/physical address, which I readily supplied.  The next day, I was told I had gotten the job.  Note, I was not interviewed, nor did I send a resume/CV.  I was also fedex'd (next day shipping) a check for $2592.00.  The check states it is from a company called Three Campus Holdings Inc. based in Austin, Texas.  The check is backed by University Federal Credit Union, also based in Austin, Texas.  I was sent instructions to deposit the check immediately, then to acknowledge via email that I had done so (I was never given a phone number to contact). [continued below]....
.....  Once the check cleared, I was to keep $400 for my first month's wages and the rest was to be used at a later time at the company's discretion.  I confronted the company via email about how shady this sounded.  I have yet to receive a response, and now their website leads to a login screen for web designers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2013 07:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/World-Educate-A-Child/internet/World-Educate-A-Child-Applied-for-job-was-sent-probable-bogus-check-questioned-check-n-994414. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on World Educate A Child